Explore the most popular trails near East Liberty with hand-curated trail maps and driving directions as well as detailed reviews and photos from hikers, campers and nature lovers like you.

East Liberty, Ohio Map
VIEW FULL MAP

Considering the rating this trail has received from others, I expect alot more that what was received. I'm being generous with the 3 star rating, as I see the potential for this trail in years to come. There are saplings planted throughout the Meadow areas, that will one day turn this into a wonderful place to visit. The wooded sections are beautiful and full of wildlife! But unfortunately the wooded areas are only about 15% of the trail, the other 85% is a very mundane trail that you only continue following in hopes of reaching something spectacular. Unfortunately as this trail is currently, you never reach anything spectacular. On the plus side, the bridges and "Overlooks" are well crafted, and they have recently added a few new trail side benches. I hope that one day through continued efforts this trail will reach it's potential.

Beautiful,peaceful, well maintained trails! Will definitely do it again. Brought my Fitbit today and it’s actually 3 miles back and forth total.

I went with my family in the summer of 2017! I literally found 20 ticks on a family of 6! It was quite a trek with very little to see! Peaceful but boring for kids between 8 - 11. Use your time to go to another place!

An amazing trail, decent place for photography, saw some deer, and almost stepped on a beautiful praying mantises. Mostly graveled, has a few bridges, and lots of information boards. Definitely recommend this trail if your wanting to get into hiking or if you just want a nice 2 mile hike.

Was expecting more considering the rating. A lot of the trail is through wetlands, and it was very monotonous. The only highlight was the deer we encountered. Don't think I'll be making the drive up to this trail anytime soon.

Decent trail mostly grass and open field. Didn't realize until afterwards but Dogs are not allowed.

hiking
Sunday, November 27, 2016

LOVED this trail. I have been looking for my new "go-to" trail and found it in this spot. I absolutely loved the atmosphere. So quiet and peaceful. Going through the trees was my favorite part! It was the perfect fall day so the leaves fell like rain. Gorgeous. Will most definitely be returning soon!

A plesent trail very well mantained not cluttered with garbage. Good scope of terrain, grasslands, forest, and wetland. A breeze to walk. Highly recommended.

the walk/hike is easy. very scenic. lots of people

Loved this trail. Had a little bit of everything. Wetlands, fields, wildflowers, wildlife, forest. Nice and peaceful with great overlooks.

I hiked all of the trails. Some good changes between wooded and grassland and wetland. Lots of wild life to enjoy and. A birders paradise.

OK cool foliage, good for dog's, check good though when you get home lots of ticks.

was nice walk. just watchout for ticks. lol

Currently I am sitting on a bench at the Big Darby Headwaters Overlook, while I expected more once I arrived at the overlook the hike through wooded trails and open meadows was exhilarating. I had expected more water and flowing streams when I got to the overlook, however, it is a nice place to sit and enjoy all of the sounds of nature. I even hear a bullfrog every now and then. I can see the highway from where I sit and can hear the cars whizzing by, that noise is distant compared to the beautiful sounds of God's creation singing their grateful chorus.

Darby headwaters is a great place to get away. I visit this trail about once a month. For a very long time it was a very nice trail, nacely kept about a mile long with a boardwalk that opens up onto a deack with info signs about the wildlife, folange and other plants. A very interesting ecosystem. Daby headwaters also has many geocashes along the trail. This new trail is just off the main trail and incororates more of the great beauty of the area. It is just a miniute off of 33, by Honda and the cute village of Middleburg.