Explore the most popular No Dogs trails near Phoenix with hand-curated trail maps and driving directions as well as detailed reviews and photos from hikers, campers and nature lovers like you.

Tons of steps with steep inclines at the start and end. Amazing views from the peak.

The trail is clearly marked, challenging and overall a good hike. The view on top is amazing especially if you make it up there by sunset.

We started on echo canyon side, up and over to Cholla trailhead, then back again. This hike puts the hardest quarter of the hike first. The overall trip was quite enjoyable. I handed out both of my spare waters. Always take generous amounts of water.

4.9 mile hike. Parking is limited but they are currently adding a new parking area. We walked counterclockwise from the last parking lot. Trail around the mountain is loose rock and fairly easy for anyone that hikes. The trail up to the summit is a combination of rock steps and stable rock. Best best is get there early and never go on a weekend unless you want to wait and go slow because of the traffic. Multiple peaks and a great view of downtown Phx and the Glendale stadium. Watch out for the rouge squirrel, he tried to grab trash out of my backpack with me 3 ft away.

Great morning Saturday hike. They say it is “difficult” but I would say it is moderate. Definitely bring a good amount of water for the heat. Trail is a challenge for non avid hikers but totally doable. Very enjoyable for a quick morning hike!

The overcast made this hike a breeze. Only one person from my meet up showed up, but we had good conversation. Made the hike in pretty good time.

3rd hike with 20# vest to the peak

very jagged rocks throughout trail but overall very great!

1A to Voaz back down to 1A and then off the beat and path back to the parking area. Great hike/run route.

Was in town for spring training from California. This hike exceeded all expectations. If you’re out of shape, you’re fucked.

good workout. fun scramble. great valley views

Super busy but totally worth it for the view!

hiking
no shade
rocky
13 days ago

Great workout. It’s basically a rocky trail composed of non stop granite steps, rocks and ledges all the way up and down. Gets narrow nearer the top and requires a little more scrambling. But beautiful views d worth the effort. We went around 8am and was thankful to be down early as the sun is blazing. Take a lot of water! Wish I had my trekking poles for balance coming down.

A short, steep leg workout. Beautiful scenery. Other hikers galore, but not overly crowded. The main parking lot is currently under construction, but the other lots are only a 5-min walk to the trailhead.

It is amazing! Reached the summit in 36 minutes, back down in 30. Feels like you are just climbing stairs the entire time. Hiking boots are not needed but heavily recommend.

Modified trail route through Phoenix Mountian Preserve. The route I completed is a sensational trail running route. Roughly 80% of the trail is able to be run. The other 20% is easy to moderate hiking.

great hike with great views!

What a beautiful view at the top! Difficult hike and a great workout! Got there at around 5am and stopped along the way to take photos.

Did this trail around sunset and it was amazing. It got pretty dark on the way down, but there were a lot of people still on the trail. If you plan on going later in the evening, just make sure to bring a light because the trail is jagged.

hiking
bugs
rocky
19 days ago

Anyone can do this hike. No experience required but pace yourself and take as many stops as you want. Very good trail. Wear proper footwear as the trail is full of jagged rocks. Bring plenty of water. It’s getting hot so start early.. Lots of parking spots not like Camelback mtn.

it was a good hike. I can do this on a weekly basis. scenery at top was nice.

Awesome climb hike! Great workout!

wow! Just wow! the trail is an amazing butt whipping gut wrench! great view and some challenging climbs up and down! your heart will pump out of your chest!

This was actually one of the hardest hikes I have done in a long time but that made the feeling of accomplishment all the better when I finally reached the top. I couldn't imagine running this trail so hats off to the many people who passed me running up to the top. A special mention to a gentleman named Lee who gave us plenty of encouragement on the way up. If you're reading this Lee, we did make it to the top!

Load More