Learn more

Beacons Circuit to Lower Neaudd Reservoir

hard(12)
Brecon Beacons National Park

Beacons Circuit to Lower Neaudd Reservoir is a 10.6 mile loop trail located near Brecon, Powys, Wales that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options.

Distance: 10.6 miles Elevation Gain: 3,474 feet Route Type: Loop

Come prepared for tough weather conditions and stay on the main tracks and off the ridge if very windy and poor visibility. This is a good challenging hike and circuit route.

My wife and I walked this less than a month ago and the weather was good with a little wind at the highest points we walk penyfan etc regularly so although it was said to be a 4-6 hour walk (depending on your ability) we comfortably walked it in 4,1/2 hours although I'm sure in worse weather it would be more like 5 hours very good views would highly recommend this trail

Sun Mar 17 2019

as long as you are prepared for the worst weather conditions and stay on the main tracks and off the ridge if very windy and poor visibility this is a good challenging hike and circuit route.

Sun Feb 17 2019

We walked this route in reverse due to weather forecast. it's a very hard route if you are not good at climbing. I prefer to start the circuit at the reservoir. Early March and we had snow. Almost a white out at times.

Wed Mar 13 2019