Snowdon Via Miner's Track and Pyg Track

Snowdon Via Miner's Track and Pyg Track is a 12.2 kilometer loop trail located near Pont-Cyfyng, Conwy, Wales that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options.

Distance: 12.2 km Elevation Gain: 785 m Route Type: Loop

rock climbing

Circular route from Car park Pen-y-Pass taking the Pyg Track to the top of Snowdon and returning via the Miners Track back to Pen-y-Pass. Take the Pyg Path up and Miner trail back for an easier go. Parking can be difficult! You will need to pay for parking on the side of the road unless you get further away from the trailhead. Follow all signs as tickets are sometimes given here. Great views from the top!

This was my and my 15 yo stop on our three peak adventure. The trail was well marked and easy to follow. We started out hiking at the carpark and it was cloudy but not raining. As we gained elevation the clouds began to blow it. As we reached the summit it was raining pretty steady. We took a couple quick pics at the summit then went in the lodge and had a warmed up with some coffee, a latte and a quick snack. We took the train down to avoid the pouring rain. The trip and hike was well worth the crappy weather.

we climbed on the 17/5/19 up the miners track the fog came down on us at the top lake it's easy to get disorientated at this point you want to take the steps opposite the middle of the lake, don't go to the end of the path and attempt the scree scramble like we did....... it was a really hard climb, at the top of this path you meet the pyg track and then climb steep steps and rocks to the next junction with the llanberis path then it's a short climb to the summit, the fog had lifted by the time we hit the summit and we were treated to the amazing views. we then descended via the pyg track back to pen y pass. it took us 4 hours up and 2.5 hours down. well worth the climb.

TAKE THE PYG PATH UP, Miner trail back. It’s the best way! Parking can be a nightmare! We had to park 3 miles away from the trail head. YOU NEED TO PAY FOR PARKING ON SIDE OF ROAD. IF YOUR TIRES TOUCH THE ROAD YOU’LL GET A PARKING TICKET! We luckily moved our car in order to avoid this. The hike itself is super challenging. It’s rewarding I’d say. If you’re gonna go up there, make it to the TOP! No matter what, take a break, keep going, repeat. You’ll be happy you did. Even on a cloudy day like we had.

I've been up the Pyg and down the m Miners and vice versa. I think it was harder to go up the Miners and down the Pyg, but more enjoyable up the Pyg. if the car park is full drive down the hill and park to right. after the sign you don't have to pay. take the left at the junction and you do and the traffic wardens will be about!

1st mountain hike and had loads of fun. Added extra km because had to park further away but it was worth it. Gorgeous views and some fun scrambling though have to admit that the last hour was painful. Am extremely sore now but happy :)

I'd recommend this trail for people who are usually up to physical activities and are in a good shape as there are some pretty steep and hardcore spots. However, the view from the top totally pays off

Freezing but fab!

Hard work but very satisfying

fantastic walk, We had to park about 2 miles away from the car park so it was a lot longer than usual. And make sure you get a parking ticket you will still get booked if you are parked on the grass!

it's a decent walk but it proper fucked me up, aching like a mother fucker today and my dogs nearly died but all in all a good day out

The trial was well kept and easy to follow. I wouldn't mark this as hard. Very pleasant walk in summer and in winter

Great walk

Great walk good fun and a good challenge just a shame I went when it was foggy on the top so didn’t get the views.

During winter times , much less crowded . Wonderfull viewss , easy acces .