For a limited time only, save 30% on a year of AllTrails Pro!
Get Started
Learn more

Snowdon via Llanberis Path is a 9.1 mile out and back trail located near Llanberis, Gwynedd, Wales that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking.

Length 9.1 mi Elevation gain 3,225 ft Route type Out & Back

Photos (451)
Recordings (156)
Completed (295)
Naeem Iqbal
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 9, 2020
Hiking

Excellent path, very hard at the start but well worth it once you reach the top.

View Naeem's Recording
Duncan Pritchard
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 7, 2020
Hiking

good hard slog, weather misty and foggy a damp day.

View Duncan's Recording
Innocent Muleya
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 4, 2020

Very good trail. Prepare well for the walk. There is loads of information o. this on the Internet after a simple Google search. Loads of people walking their dogs up and children talking the climb.

Jack Nardella
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 3, 2020
HikingGreat!
View Jack's Recording
@ Villegas
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 30, 2020
HikingNo shade
View @'s Recording
Scott Lancaster
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 21, 2020
HikingScramble
View Scott's Recording
Jordan M
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 12, 2020
Hiking

Got there at 06:30am for an early start, car park virtually empty. fast ascent to the top in 1 hour 43 minutes, the last part of the ascent under the railway bridge is the most challenging but manageable. At the summit it was relatively quiet and just starting to break cloud. Descent took about 1 hour 30 minutes and was starting to get busy at this time, think my left knee from the climb down may still be up there somewhere..... Overall - Great walk, easy to navigate and back in a pub in England by midday!

Alicia Looney
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 11, 2020
Hiking

Easy to follow trail. Pretty easy going for the first half then gets steep as you approach the summit.

Tom G.
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMarch 3, 2020

I have done this path a couple of times, but my most memorable was sleeping at the top of it during the summer. I walked up in time to reach the summit as the sun went down, then set up my tent on the train platform. It was freezing with strong winds and was forced to make my way back down the mountain at around 4am, but it was still an incredible achievement!

Phil Barber
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFebruary 15, 2020
Hiking

Me and my girlfriend climbed Snowdon during a recent visit to Llanberis. we are not fit and not seasoned Walkers of any description so the Llanberis path was OK for us. The first Km or so is a tarmac Road and it's so steep we almost decided to give up, but once I noticed the path took a left turn onto the actual path and we saw it leveled out a bit we decided to carry on. was OK until just after the halfway house (which is actually halfway In height not distance which we found out after) it got very steep again and at times we wanted to just turn around. however we carried on and finally reached the trig point 4.5hrs after setting off. This was partly due to not being fit, taking lots of photos and generally just being in awe at our surroundings. it was a perfectly clear day and we could see for miles all the way up to the top. We then started our decent, as it was out of season the train was not running so we made the mistake of walking down the railway line as we assumed this would be easier! It wasn't, it was relentless on our feet and knees and we would have been much better sticking to the path. This was due to the constant slope and the tiny stones. Took us 3hrs to get down, In part to my girlfriends knees hurting badly so at times we were descending very slowly. All in all we loved it. we have brought lots of hiking equipment and are going to start doing it more often, even purchased some poles so hopefully that will help her knees next time. we now have plans for Snowdon again, I am going to go up at night solo before planning trips to Scarfell and Nevis.

Alex Dobbs
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFebruary 14, 2020
HikingFloodedIcyNo shadeRockyScrambleSnow

It actually took me 3 hours to get to the summit during storm Dennis but for some reason this only recorded just under 2 hours. This route in the spring/summer would be a dream. At the time of this the storm was in full swing and I will happily say it was very hard! With ice as sharp as glass hitting my face and gust of wind at 70-100mph, having to full submerge myself in the ground at points to not roll off the mountain when near the summit. Will differently come back during better conditions

View Alex's Recording
debbie m jones
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFebruary 2, 2020

third time doing Snowden via llanberis path, outstanding views

James Walsh
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJanuary 25, 2020
HikingIcyMuddyRocky
View James's Recording
Shana Williams
HikingRocky
View Shana's Recording
Kirk Robinson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarNovember 8, 2019
Hiking

The ‘ easier ‘ route up the mountain..... it is very punishing at times and on the occasion I did this route the cloud cover was phenomenal, as you go under the final railway bridge you are at the edge literally of the mountain with a very big drop and because of the low cloud cover this was very difficult to make out until the last minute. Just stick to the path and not wonder away from it as this section. All in all it is a great hike with some great views around you including the notorious’ Crib Goch ‘. I would recommend this route to anyone on your first summit of Snowdon.

Nat Wilson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarOctober 6, 2019
Hiking

A brilliant hike and not as challenging as I thought overall considering I'd only walked on even terrain prior to tackling Snowdon. I headed up at 11am mid-week (early October). Reached the summit around 2pm after 2 x 15 min stops. The summit was busy with people arriving by train but still plenty of places to sit and admire the spectacular views. It took 1hr.25mins to get down. The first 40 mins down being the hardest due to the steepness and large boulder paths. Definitely recommend anyone giving this a go!

Nigel W.
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 23, 2019
Hiking

Did this walk with my wife on a perfect day weather wise except for a strong wind. My wife is 66 and I am 68 and we got to the top in 3.5 hours. It took us a similar time to get down again. This was a difficult walk for us and we were exhausted when we got back. The path is so rocky that it would be easy to turn your ankle and game over. Would recommend walking boots rather than shoes. We are glad we did it but would not do it again.

Paul Kopec
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 15, 2019
HikingRocky

Amazing walk just bad weather

View Paul's Recording
April R
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 3, 2019
Hiking

First time ever attempting this and absolutely loved the experience even with the harsh weather 3/4 of the way up. Does get tough 3rd of the way up, but just catch your breathe and enjoy the amazing views. Would definitely recommend it for all the family and remember it isn't a race and slow and steady wins every time. If you turn left just before the Snowdon car park if you were approaching the car park to your left, you can park in a nearby car park for £4 all day... little tip for you.

Rob Hazelgrove
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 27, 2019
Hiking

Hard work but amazing views! Quite busy today but clear skys! Took me 3 hours to get up and 2.5 to get down. Fab views all day.

Marsha Hughes
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 20, 2019
Hiking

Went up this way early Sunday morning. Nice walk.. Windy and foggy so no view on top but really enjoyed.

Cassie Stracham
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 17, 2019
Hiking

Great hike to start with. The incline was gradual, towards the end it gets steep, but that’s how every trail is getting to the highest point. Heavy people in the later afternoon, earlier the better.

Ben Parry
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 11, 2019
Hiking

Don't be fooled by the fact it's one of the 'easier' routes, it's still long and has some punishing sections. Did it today in 98% cloud so missed all the views. Will be back to have another go. Kept a good pace and got up and down in 5 hours. Good walk.