Wolf Lake Trail

Wolf Lake Trail is a 7.1 mile out and back trail located near Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from May until September.

Directions from Ice Lake Trailhead: Travel about 1/4 miles east to a big pullout on Canyon-Norris Road. There is no trailhead sign due to lack of regular maintenance on the trail, but orange markers can be seen once hikers cross the road from the trailhead.

Great family trail when u just head to gibbon falls. About 1.2 miles round trip when you just go to the waterfall and back. Well worn path, mostly flat. We went the last week in June so the meadow was still muddy. Almost marsh like. So wear actual hiking BOOTS. Not hiking shoes or gym shoes especially. My husband had breathable gym shoes and got soaked up to his ankles. I faired wonderfully. I can't speak for July and August. We also saw a fox:)

There was a lot of snow so we did have a trail so much as a single set of footprints. We kept hoping he was going the same way as we were. We actually passed the lake loop and went towards a much longer trail and its a lucky thing we did because we found a spectacular waterfall.