Willow Lake Trail

Willow Lake Trail is a 8.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Buffalo, Wyoming that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from July until August. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Well I can tell this trail is excellent. I did not make it to Willow Lake because of being called in to work. My trail on this app and my Garmin were not accurate. When you get to the trail junction at the base of Sherd Lake DO NOT take a left unless you want to be tree jumping, bushwhacking, and jumping over boulders. My Garmin with topo maps and trails, and this app showed me I was on the trail. Maybe it was an old trail location. Regardless the off trail travel was fun and adventurous if you’re into that kind of thing. Looking forward to going back. 06/24/18 off and on rain and quite a few mosquitoes. Dress appropriately.

it was super foggy the day we went, but the trail was still beautiful

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

I've been to this lake quite a few times throughout the past, and it is my favorite spot to backpack to. The lake has grayling in it which makes it a must for fishing. Oh and don't forget the view is amazing!

Saturday, June 03, 2017