Vedauwoo Trail

Vedauwoo Trail is a 0.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Laramie, Wyoming that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

scenic driving

Scenic but just a walk up a canyon in a picnic area.

Great short hike, only a few minutes off the highway. Amazing rock formations to climb about and explore a bit off trail. Great for our 3 and 8 year olds! Also fun to watch the climbers on the cliff faces.

I couldn’t find this particular trail from where it had the trailhead, but we wandered around that area and went on a beautiful journey. Lots of rocks for climbing, beautiful flowers.

Beautiful in the summer, tons of wildflowers.

fun time getting to the top

Sunday, July 23, 2017

The vedauwoo trail is absolutely gorgeous. It's not very long so if I'm there I usually do the turtle rock trail which is also pretty easy so it's nice for a quick hike or trail running. However, my favorite thing to do is hike around the turtle rock trail and then head to box canyon via the vedauwoo trail where you can then pretty easily scramble your way to the top of turtle rock itself. 10/10

Monday, April 10, 2017

Even more beautiful than portrayed! Explored boulders and trails for hours and still didn't cover all the grounds. Visited pre-season, so motorized vehicles have to park outside the ranger booth, but not at all crowded.

Monday, October 31, 2016

Very nice hike among some very interesting rock formations.

Monday, July 18, 2016

We took our dogs (one medium and one large) and they were naturals at rock climbing. So great to have a scenic forest near Cheyenne. The trails were well maintained and weren't too crowded. This was my 2nd time; I would go again to get my hiking fix!

Sunday, July 10, 2016

We did some off road camping over the 4th of July weekend. (We have a sweet spot that we go to). So much to do at this great location. Short but fun and easy hiking trail. We did Turtle Rock Trail this time around and then spent the rest of the afternoon bouldering. If you're a climber I'm sure you've heard of this place. There were SO many climbers. Areas for mountain biking too! Didn't see any moose this time, but a couple summers ago we saw a family of three. My husband and I really enjoy going here!

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Beautiful trails and amazing bouldering.

Monday, January 26, 2015

Rock Climbing Paradise....did some bouldering myself. The Nautilus is great.

Monday, August 18, 2014

We enjoyed this hike. It was short but pretty.

Thursday, February 07, 2013

I took my son out for a day in the hills. Bittoowu is a great place for younger kids and easy
going adventure. The main formation is smooth granite and not easily free climbed, however gear is nearby in Laramie if you need it, along with climb guide books. Entering Vedauwoo is simple and camping is free depending on where you park. Hiking around the area will also take you into Happy Jack which has a few small beaver ponds and climbing that is kid friendly. Topping any of the formations will get you great views of the surrounding plains in the north and east and the Snowy Range in the west. In late spring and early summer the temp is mild, with winds ranging from 10 to 70+ mph especially in the early morning.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Nice rock formations. took a lot of pics. Turtle Rock Trail is smaller then I was told, only about a mile to a mile and a half at best. If you walk at a decent pace this will not take you long. I did not climb many of the rocks, though now that I know how long the trail is I wish I would have. Great little creek that runs along the one side of the trail. Big boulders cover some of it witch creates little water falls along your walk. Great short hike. It is listed as an out and back but it was a loop from what I walked.

Friday, September 28, 2012

Great place for rock climbing .nice little trail. Good primitive camping

Friday, September 16, 2011

Visiting Laramie, WY this summer and looking for something to do. Locals suggested a visit to Vedauwoo. What a great suggestion. We hiked the Turtle Rock Trail and enjoyed the interesting rock formations, ponds, forested areas, and wildlife along the trail. We saw a moose just off the trail! We were hiking, but saw other mountain biking. I plan to return next year to bike as there are trails all over the national forest where this is located. Not too many people and quite close to Laramie make this a fun all day destination.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

I have now been up all these rocks and the whole turtle rock trail around it. it is great for all ages and you will always have a great time a the view is great as well.

Sunday, January 09, 2011

One of the greatest places in Wyoming to do some variance in technical and non-tech climbing. Very nice for picnicking and the trails are fantastic!

Friday, November 05, 2010

This is a popular place for picnics, day hikes, and rock climbing. We took a family hike through the woods and the kids had a good time, especially where we could see that beavers were building a dam (didn't see the beavers, though).

recorded Vedauwoo Trail