Upper Geyser Basin and Old Faithful Observation Point Loop

Upper Geyser Basin and Old Faithful Observation Point Loop is a 4.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming that features hot springs and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is best used from May until October.

hot springs

A must-do on all outdoor enthusiasts lists, the Yosemite Geysers are a treat to see. Though kid friendly, please remember that geysers can be dangerous.

easy

The geysers and pools are pure magic. Castle Geyser was definitely a favorite.

nice

A good choice to see the geysers. Lots of geysers along the trail. Remember to plan enough time for this trail. You will stay more time then you expect.

A MUST!!!!! Overwhelmingly in awe! Try to see Beehive Geysers...it's the best

Very pretty - also great if you’re killing time waiting for Old Faithful!

We enjoyed the geysers so much and stayed in the area so long that we actually witnessed Old Faithful’s eruption twice (around 9:00 and again around 10:40).

We did this trail on our visit to Old Faithful Geyser, at the same time taking in Black Sand Basin, Biscuit Basin and Mystic Falls trails. Amazing trail featuring the abundance of Geysers, Hot Springs, Fumeroles and many pools. Splendid sites , an amazing trip ... not to be missed!

Snowshoed out to Morning Glory in December and had the entire trail to ourselves, minus a few bison. One of the few times in the year when the area is empty, albeit -10 degrees.

If geothermal activity is what you are after, this is the most convenient hike there is in yellowstone. However, true hiking is more my preference (which is why I only give this 3 stars). We actually hiked cascade canyon in the Tetons the same day and it is no comparison (cascade wins in a landslide).

Probably wouldn't do it again, but the walk is easy.

I am only giving this 3 stars because there are much better trails at Yellowstone. However, if you really like geyers, this is probably the one for you. You will see a LOT of them. It is a very easy trail, heavily trafficked, and I guess geysers just aren't my thing.

Nice views from overlook point. Do this trail early to beat the crowds and have most of basin to yourself.

Nic trail and at highest elevation stay near trail area it seems open in areas where you can be tempered to wander a bit but beware as thermo features are not clearly marked off so danger danger of if wander

We were able to go in late October. It was a wonderful hike since we were about the only ones there!!! We saw lots of bison and such interesting and magnificent scenery!

I guess if you are going to show some out of town folks Old Faithful and want to call it a hike, this would be the route, but not really something I’d do again unless that was the exact goal. Hiking up to observation point started to feel like I was finally hiking but then by the time I got away from the crowds of people we began to descend into them again. Views of a bunch of tourists waiting for Old Faithful to erupt, and a river bridge, and a descent view overlooking the other side of the lodge. Good if it’s your first time in the park and just want to walk around.

Old Faithful is way too hyped up. Its predictably is about all that’s notable. Beyond that it’s jammed with bus upon bus of tourists who leaving thinking “that was it?”. My recommendation is to get away from the main events and hike to some waterfalls - Mystic, Fairy, Osprey. They are not difficult to get to and you’ll taste more of the ruggedness and beauty of Yellowstone.

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Went in July 2016.

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Crowded

Monday, July 24, 2017

Enjoyed the walk... only failing was my own in not getting a walking guide to know more. Is there an app for information on the geyser walk?

Thursday, July 13, 2017

A Yosemite tradition. Just do it. :)

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Great way to watch the beautiful Old Faithful erupt. Much better than experiencing the event with all the people at the base.

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Very neat set of geysers. Morning glory pool is my favorite one.

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Very nice trail whit a lot pools and geyser

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Incredible. 9'ly 4 places on earth

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Thursday, May 11, 2017

If you'd like to enjoy Old Faithful's eruption, without the crowds, take the short hike to observation point.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Easy trail but amazing things to see. We had it all to ourselves today.