This trail is more moderate than difficult. However, the distance is tiring. I would say it is harder to hike back out than it is to hike into the falls. It took my fiancé and I about 3 hours to get to the falls and 4 hours to get out. This trail is absolutely stunning. It is well worth the distance.

Getting to the trail is kind of tricky. It will feel like you’ve been driving forever, but just keep going. As soon as you get to Grassy Lake Reservoir Dam, the road to the trail head is at the bottom by the spillway. The trailhead is not posted at the beginning. It’s on the right hand side after you crossover the spillway(walking). If you do not have four wheel drive I would recommend parking at the dam and walking down the road. It’s not that far.

Don’t forget some water shoes or sandals! You will be crossing a river. Also bring LOTS of water. YOU WILL NEED BUG SPRAY. We used an entire can of spray on this hike. The bugs are thick. We ate lunch at the falls and it was definitely a memorable time. ✌️