Turtle Rock Loop Trail is a 2.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Buford, Wyoming that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.8 miles Elevation Gain: 311 feet Route Type: Loop

$5 day fee

Well marked and easy to find. Beautiful scenery. Took my dog and she loved it. We'll be back soon.

family friendly, easily accessable trial in vedauwoo. we accessed the trail head on the left of the first parking lot and exited the trail in the back of the park, walking back up to our start point. I wasn't using my all trails app, just a random hike we took last minute. I did use my running app to map the trail, we ending up doing around 4.5 miles by the time we got back to the car. beautiful through out the entire walk, not to difficult at all, easy enough for our 3 year old to complete it independently. Amazing spots through out to rock climb or Boulder. trail would also be good for bikes, when the snow is gone. two spots had a decent amount of snow which is too soft to support a bike. this park also supports rv and tent camping once Covid 19 lifts

The park is currently closed, so there’s about a mile walk to the trailhead. The trail itself is snow packed and where it’s not, it’s muddy and slushy. Overall, it was pretty and the views are nice.

icy

Our golden doodle loved the hike and there were plenty of moose signs to check out.

icy

Fantastic autumn aspen color!

It’s pretty windy so I’d reccomend extra layers. The trail/trail head is a little confusing so make sure that you pay attention to the markers because we went off trail quite a few times. It was beautiful and I’d totally reccomend everyone do it!

Great trail. $5 day fee. combination of shade and sun some little creeks.

Take your camera! Lovely rock formations and ponds! Easy footing throughout. If you do the whole loop it takes a little longer than you think, but so worth it.

It was a good easy walk and it was great

A true gem of a hike! Didn’t expect much as it’s right off the highway, but it’s really something special. We did it with our small dog in 80 minutes. There was nothing too challenging- plus a decent amount of shade.

nice and easy yet fun walk... took us about 90 minutes strolling and climbed some of the rocks along the way for a picnic lunch. loved it!

Nice, easy trail. Excellent place to take family from out-of-state for a hike.

After a 14 hour drive from Chicago it was a great place to stretch our legs. Easy hike. Nice mixture of close in vegetation and open views. Good spots to sit and relax. Saw two large male moose at dusk due to plenty of water on the western side of the trail. Only negative was the interstate noise. But that’s the cost of easy off the route access.

My husband and I first experience hiking with our 8 month old son in a backpack carrier. Went pretty good, possibly use a couple more markers along the way to make sure we stayed on the right trail especially with the little one! Overall enjoyed very much. Beautiful area!

Beautiful secluded hike on a sunny day. Saw moose and many butterflies!

We did this trail around 10:30 am on a Sunday. Cool rock formations, quite a few other people out on the trail. Enjoyed stretching our legs while on a road trip down I-80!

Hiked on a cloudy day with our two dogs. Light traffic on the trail. Saw a moose and her baby close to the east trailhead. Tiptoed past at a safe distance. Flowers were beautiful and abundant. Great, easy hike.

I did this with two dogs on the morning of July 5. We started at the west trailhead and worked around clockwise. There was plenty of shade on the south side of Turtle Rock. It was a little more exposed on the north side, but there were enough trees that it was never really an issue. My huskies loved it.

It is a nice hike with family and leashed dogs. Even if you are not used to the altitude. The trail is easy and well marked. The loop is not all trail you must exit back onto the road to reach where you parked. From my tracking, it is two miles cow gate to the cow gate. There is access to water for the dogs which is always a bonus. The one downside you will hear the highway for most of the hike unless it is windy. There is lots of wildlife to observe and it is well traveled if you like to encounter other people. The views, rock formations, sky are beautiful. Prepare for a storm of some nature we have hit one on both of our visits the last few weekends.

great hike, pretty views,

Nice easy hike with good views.

Sat Jun 01 2019

Great hike here today! The trail is starting to get a bit busier.

Sun May 26 2019

A really cool loop around turtle rock