Trout Lake Loop

Trout Lake Loop is a 1.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September.

canoeing

fly fishing

One of my favorites.

Hiked this early in the morning with my 3 kids. Short but beautiful hike. Nice forested walk up to the lake. We heard there may be otters here, but no such luck. Definitely recommend this trail.

A good short hike to see wildlife or fish the lake. Old growth forest and an open meadow.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Fun short hike. Tons of wildlife. I've done this trail several times, and I've seen bison, a grizzly, big horn sheep, and deer. If you keep going past Trout Lake, there are two other lakes, Buck and Shrimp. We've seen a mother otter with her babies in Buck Lake in the spring. So much fun to watch.

Friday, July 11, 2014

Monday, August 05, 2013

Good initial climb, but short trail makes it not too difficult. Lot of people in the afternoon, probably be better in early morning. Watched a Grizzly cross the road about 100 yards north of the trail.