Taggart Lake Trail

Taggart Lake Trail is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Moose, Wyoming that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and horses and is best used from May until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Moose: Travel north on the Teton Park Road to the Taggart Lake Trailhead.

8 minutes ago

Beautiful!

A great blend on this easy/relaxing trail - forest, prairies, views, lake, wildlife, Teton views - highly recommend!

We went end of March and loved it. Really could not do it without snow shoes. So be prepared. :)

Beautiful hike- make sure you go the entire loop around though- or else you will miss out on some great views.

Great hike to a crystal clear lake and awesome mountain views

This is one of those “biggest bang for your buck” hikes. Very easy with awesome views throughout the hole!

Beautiful hike w a rewarding view of the lake and mountains, the scenery throughout the entire hike is amazing

This is a beautiful hike to the lake. We headed out early and had the lake to ourselves. September is an awesome time of year to go to the Tetons. I would highly recommend this hike, not at all difficult.

Gorgeous views of the Grand Teton and by a dancing stream most of the way. We did have to turn back because the snow just got too deep. But we really enjoyed the hike!

Short and very sweet! I think this is one of the most underrated lakes in GTNP. Gorgeous view of the Grand, does not take much time and effort but the payoff is great! My personal favorite time to go to Taggart is in winter. Great snowshoe trail!

Beautiful hike. My husband and I completed last June and there was still snow on the trails.

Relatively easy hike to Beautiful lake. Had it all to myself this morning.

Hiked early in the morning. Beautiful views of the Tetons reflected in the still, quiet lake.

Hiked in the snow. Would be easier with snow shoes. But we had a lot of fun!

This was the first hike we tools our kids on in the Tetons. They loved it. We didn’t see and wildlife but the views were great

Catching up on some reviews, so recognize this was done mid-October. Probably my favorite hike of the trip. Felt a bit longer that we were expecting, but that may have been because we were tired from the day and the temperatures were quickly dropping. Anyways, very quite hike and the view was amazing at the lake. I had never seen a lake so still, and reflection of the mountains on the water was a mirror image. Beautiful spot to visit.

It's a nice comfortable scenic hike. You can cover Taggart and Bradley together with a total of 5 miles. You get better views at Taggart lake though.

I'm giving this 4 stars because of the spectacular views at the lake. Lots of different terrain, forest, meadows, streams, very pretty in parts- good hike - we didn't see any wildlife

Not a bad hike. Really easy but the view at the lake was good and we saw 12 elk there swimming and playing in the water. Even heard them bugle before hand.

Beautiful!

I think I was spoiled by Cascade Canyon's views. This was a good first hike and it seems nice to go swim in the lake but I thought the crowds took away from the experience.

got to see a fox in the wooded area right before the lake on our way back. beautiful!

Did a quick hike here the day we got to the park. A storm chased us out one the way back pretty quickly, but the hike was nice and varied. At the beginning there are some view of construction and the roads around the park unfortunately, but once you're past that it's more natural looking. People ahead of us on the trail saw a grizzly without incident.

did a moonlight hike, really great to feel the place with no one there. Great views of the mountains, mostly open space which was nice, especially if you wanna do a moonlight thang. it's a pretty easy hike and can be done if you only have a short time and wanna get some good mountain views. it was a little too forested to feel comfortable in the dark going all the way to the lake, but I got what I was looking for.

Definitely easier than moderate. Great view of the Tetons from the lake

Definitely easier than moderate. Great view of the Tetons from the lake

Good family hike with great views

This is a walk in the park, but what s beautiful park and lake.

More of a "strenuous" walk, which means it's family friendly and doable for everyone! Fun to do after a hard hike.