Taggart Lake Trail

Taggart Lake Trail is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Moose, Wyoming that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and horses and is best used from May until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Moose: Travel north on the Teton Park Road to the Taggart Lake Trailhead.

It's a nice comfortable scenic hike. You can cover Taggart and Bradley together with a total of 5 miles. You get better views at Taggart lake though.

I'm giving this 4 stars because of the spectacular views at the lake. Lots of different terrain, forest, meadows, streams, very pretty in parts- good hike - we didn't see any wildlife

Not a bad hike. Really easy but the view at the lake was good and we saw 12 elk there swimming and playing in the water. Even heard them bugle before hand.

Beautiful!

I think I was spoiled by Cascade Canyon's views. This was a good first hike and it seems nice to go swim in the lake but I thought the crowds took away from the experience.

got to see a fox in the wooded area right before the lake on our way back. beautiful!

Did a quick hike here the day we got to the park. A storm chased us out one the way back pretty quickly, but the hike was nice and varied. At the beginning there are some view of construction and the roads around the park unfortunately, but once you're past that it's more natural looking. People ahead of us on the trail saw a grizzly without incident.

did a moonlight hike, really great to feel the place with no one there. Great views of the mountains, mostly open space which was nice, especially if you wanna do a moonlight thang. it's a pretty easy hike and can be done if you only have a short time and wanna get some good mountain views. it was a little too forested to feel comfortable in the dark going all the way to the lake, but I got what I was looking for.

Definitely easier than moderate. Great view of the Tetons from the lake

Definitely easier than moderate. Great view of the Tetons from the lake

Good family hike with great views

This is a walk in the park, but what s beautiful park and lake.

More of a "strenuous" walk, which means it's family friendly and doable for everyone! Fun to do after a hard hike.

wonderfull. not hard at all.

Gorgeous trail. I kept going to Bradley lake as well and the meadows in between were flowing with wildflowers! I went mid June 2017. It was my favorite part of the hike. I wouldn't say this is a hard hike though. It is up hill at the start like others are saying and then afterwards toward Bradley (where the flowers are) but it wasn't taxing in my opinion. Or maybe I'm just getting in better shape with all this hiking! I didn't see any bears but was instructed to carry bear spray. I also carried a bell which is maybe why I didn't see anything.

Absolutely beautiful trail! We kept going to Bradley lake, but Taggart Lake was so much better. After hiking over and past gorgeous flowing streams, we made it to this spectacular lake. The water was crystal clear and there was a huge boulder on which to sit. We spent time with our feet in the water, which our kids (11 and 8) loved! This trail is a must see.

Beautiful

Beautiful.

This was a beautiful hike and we had prefect weather for it. I assume it is rated hard for the sections that are uphill, but they really weren't bad compared to other difficult hikes we have done. Go early because the parking lot was overflowing when we finished our hike at noon. We hiked the large loop up to Bradley Lake. If you have the time and energy head up there for amazing views. Bring bug spray. Mosquitos were annoying on some sections of the hike.