Taggart Lake Loop

Taggart Lake Loop is a 4.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Moose, Wyoming that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, bird watching, and horses and is best used from May until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 4.1 miles Elevation Gain: 429 feet Route Type: Loop

This is an awe-inspiring hike up to the beautiful Taggart Lake. There are several routes one could take. Half of this hike is through beautiful forest, while the other half has epic views of the Tetons.

Great hike for all levels. Easy to moderate in difficulty.

off road driving

I did this hike on Sept. 2 2019 and started around 2PM. We went counterclockwise. The hike was ok but what made this hike special was the view of Targgart Lake and the Tetons. Me and my fiancé stopped to have lunch here and dipped our feet in the lake. After lunch we completed the loop. Make sure to stop and look around. We stopped a couple more times and gazed at the Teton range. It was a nice a easy hike.

the trail was nothing special, but the lake is beautiful. Way too crowded to really enjoy it.

We LOVED this trail. We were worried about visibility as it rained quite a bit. When we first got to the park, all of the mountains were boxed in with clouds and fog. We waited the rain out a bit, and we are glad we did. The views were lovely, and the hike was relatively easy. We got off track at one point so it took a bit longer, but we highly recommend this trail!

Amazing hike and not difficult at all. Make sure you take the whole loop 3.9 miles rather than the shorter out and back 3 miles, you won’t be disappointed. The second half of the trail after the lake had amazing views of the Tetons, while the first was more forestry. One of the best hikes in a short amount of time. If feeling adventurous, a nice dip in the lake was refreshing and provided great photos and memories.

Most beautiful easy hike. Recommended counterclockwise, easier. There's everything: nice lake and Grand Teton peak out look. Beautiful view. No so trafficked. I will make it again!!!!

first hike at the tetons. Amazing views, not over crowded, saw a pair of eagles. Would do it again if we come back

Beautiful trail to the lake! Would definitely recommend going the full loop around as it’s only a little longer and such a beautiful hike. Easier footing than some of the hikes in this national park.

This was our favorite trail of the entire park. It's so worth it and not that hard

Really nice, easy trail. I did this walk with my partner and 3 month old baby in late August. We went mid day and it was pretty warm, but still very doable.

Awesome trail! We saw a moose drinking from the stream.

Easy hike, good views at the lake!

This was my first hike upon arriving and it was so beautiful! Definitely keep going after you reach Taggart Lake! If you are going counterclockwise finish the loop. The views continued to amaze! It is heavily trafficked until the lake and then everyone that I was near turned back. I saw 4 people on the rest of the trail.

This was a great trail with an amazing view of the lake. I have begun to develop blisters after a few days of hiking and it was fairly easy to manage. Took me an hour and a half with a relatively short stop at the lake.

Very easy trail but still bring bear spray as there was a grizzly bear on the trail. I did this alone at 18:30 and I had the lake to myself-very nice and serene.

Great hike, good view at Taggart Lake. If you have kids with limited hiking ability, I recommend taking a right at the split coming from the trailhead. If you take the loop counter-clockwise, you can hit the lake after only about 1.5 miles. Then you can turn the loop into an out-and-back that only totals about 3 miles. This route also sticks next to Taggart Creek which is a nice treat.

Great early morning hike. The views along the way are unbelievable, and the pay off at the lake was worth it. Easy to follow and well manicured path.

Not a difficult trail, but the views at Taggart Lake are well worth the traffic and we’ll work path.

Awesome kid friendly trail! Beautiful lake

Nice trail...beautiful lake!

Beautiful and easy. Scenery all along the trail!

This trail exceeded my expectations. I got some of my favorite pictures from the trip from this trail! Get there early (before 9). It’s a quick easy hike to the lake. We opted to head towards Bradley lake too, after spending time at Taggart and that was a dud to be honest unless you’re planning to head on to amphitheater lake, I would say just do Taggart unless you want to add some mileage and more incline, brush, rock type hiking then proceed on! You really can’t go wrong in Tetons!

Great 3 mile hike! Was our first stop in the park on the first day and a perfect way to ease into things. Not to mention the beautiful views!

This is a pleasant walk - easy for families and very scenic with the Gran Teton in the background . The lake is extremely inviting on a hot day and wish we had taken Our swim wear for a dip . Lots of walkers to the lake but very few complete the loop . Would recommend!

Nice hike with great views. Many people were in the water of Taggart Lake, but I thought the water was freezing. I could barely stand in the water for a few minutes.

Perfect for families. A nice loop with moderate climb. You’ll see older folks and children so don’t expect any kind of strenuous activity. But the payoff is nice: glassy lake with mirrored Tetons. This one is popular so go early.

Appropriate for just about any age and experience level. We arrived early, so we only encountered a few other groups on our way to the lake. However, lots of people heading up as we were going down. If you don’t like crowds, then get there early and bring bug spray. Mosquitoes are in full force! I preferred this to Jenny Lake as we had full view of the Tetons throughout the hike (Teewinot gets in the way too much on that trail).

Steep incline on the way up but worth it. It was a beautiful lake with fantastic views of the Tetons