Taggart Lake Loop

Taggart Lake Loop is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Moose, Wyoming that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Moose: Travel north on the Teton Park Road to the Taggart Lake Trailhead.

Loved this hike! Views are incredible — you pass by Taggart Lake with amazing reflections of the mountains on the water, but you also get to see wide open plains, woods, the remnants of a fire, and lots of beautiful wildflowers. The trailhead says this is easy to moderate, and there are a few climbs along the trail that are definitely more moderate than easy. This hike gives you a little bit of everything and should definitely be on your list!

It was a good little hike, pretty easy but the water felt awesome after a hot day! I don't get why people say the water is cold, they have never felt Maine ocean before! But to sum it up, expansive views of the Grand Teton and Middle Teton. Just be aware of wildlife on trail came pretty close to a moose that was territorial, this was an awesome day in the park. Grand Teton NP never disappoints!

It was fun there was a bear at the creek but we scared him off

Take your swimmers for the brave! We loved it. Great, easy loop with refreshing dip at the lake in the middle. Not for the fair hearted. The dip that is, the walk is perfect for kids 9 and 7.

Very easy trail with the beautiful views of the lake. We completed it for 1.5 hours, but stayed lots of times to take photos.

Taggart Lake Trail is a great combination of forest, field, streams and the lake. Great, beautiful vistas of Taggart Lake once you arrive at the lake front. Additionally, we had the pleasure of a Momma Moose and baby cross our trail. Spectacular hike!

My wife and kids loved this hike. Its nice being close to the river and small waterfalls all the way up. Nice lake with some peaks in the background. Its also a very short and easy hike. I think you can find better views at Jenny Lake but Taggart is great.

Did this hike on Saturday, and we loved it! You get the perfect combination of a lake trail plus beautiful vistas.

We did this hike starting midday and it was great. A little busy but we got a parking spot. The oath cleared as we got higher and farther from the lot. We went up to see both taggart and Bradley lake. It was absolutely beautiful the whole time. I highly recommend it. It was a good workout but also not too steep at any time. Loved it.

Beautiful!

A great blend on this easy/relaxing trail - forest, prairies, views, lake, wildlife, Teton views - highly recommend!

We went end of March and loved it. Really could not do it without snow shoes. So be prepared. :)

Beautiful hike- make sure you go the entire loop around though- or else you will miss out on some great views.

Great hike to a crystal clear lake and awesome mountain views

This is one of those “biggest bang for your buck” hikes. Very easy with awesome views throughout the hole!

Beautiful hike w a rewarding view of the lake and mountains, the scenery throughout the entire hike is amazing

This is a beautiful hike to the lake. We headed out early and had the lake to ourselves. September is an awesome time of year to go to the Tetons. I would highly recommend this hike, not at all difficult.

Gorgeous views of the Grand Teton and by a dancing stream most of the way. We did have to turn back because the snow just got too deep. But we really enjoyed the hike!

Short and very sweet! I think this is one of the most underrated lakes in GTNP. Gorgeous view of the Grand, does not take much time and effort but the payoff is great! My personal favorite time to go to Taggart is in winter. Great snowshoe trail!

Beautiful hike. My husband and I completed last June and there was still snow on the trails.

Relatively easy hike to Beautiful lake. Had it all to myself this morning.

Hiked early in the morning. Beautiful views of the Tetons reflected in the still, quiet lake.

Hiked in the snow. Would be easier with snow shoes. But we had a lot of fun!

This was the first hike we tools our kids on in the Tetons. They loved it. We didn’t see and wildlife but the views were great

Catching up on some reviews, so recognize this was done mid-October. Probably my favorite hike of the trip. Felt a bit longer that we were expecting, but that may have been because we were tired from the day and the temperatures were quickly dropping. Anyways, very quite hike and the view was amazing at the lake. I had never seen a lake so still, and reflection of the mountains on the water was a mirror image. Beautiful spot to visit.

It's a nice comfortable scenic hike. You can cover Taggart and Bradley together with a total of 5 miles. You get better views at Taggart lake though.

I'm giving this 4 stars because of the spectacular views at the lake. Lots of different terrain, forest, meadows, streams, very pretty in parts- good hike - we didn't see any wildlife

Not a bad hike. Really easy but the view at the lake was good and we saw 12 elk there swimming and playing in the water. Even heard them bugle before hand.

Beautiful!