Taggart Lake and Bradley Lake Loop

Taggart Lake and Bradley Lake Loop is a 6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Moose, Wyoming that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September.

Distance: 6.0 miles Elevation Gain: 761 feet Route Type: Loop

An excellent loop hike with some uphill climbs and epic views of Bradley and Taggart Lakes. There is some shade along the trail, but make sure to bring plenty of water since you will be exerting yourself.

Not one of the best. Couple of nice views but essentially the majority of the hike is in trees which limits the views particularly of the lakes. Accept that I did this on an absolutely evil day in Sept when it rained all day which probably coloured my views a bit

I absolutely loved this hike. There is elevation, but it's not super hard. Hiked to Bradley Lake first, then back down to Taggert. Bradley Lake is beautiful and serene, Taggert is beautiful as well, but the bigger lake of the two. Alot of shade on this hike. Gorgeous views of the Tetons.

Excellent loop trail with some uphill climbs. Take a lunch and enjoy sitting by a beautiful mountain lake. Just the right distance for us.

Loved this hike. Nice and easy. Did this little hike last Saturday. Did not spot any wildlife. Lake is inviting for swimming.

We originally planned to do just the Taggert Lake loop, but decided to add the Bradley Lake loop along the way. The Bradley portion was pretty good, but I thought it would’ve taken us closer to the water. However, the path back from Bradley to Taggert has a MUST STOP location! There is a large boulder set out from the shoreline on the NE tip of Taggert Lake. It was an ideal picture location as it captures 3 of the Teton peaks and they reflect beautifully in the water. Just stunning.

Fantastic 6 mile loop! We looped clockwise. We started at 5:15pm and ended at 8:05 pm; our car was one of the last 4 cars in the parking lot. We felt like we had the trail to ourselves (on the Saturday before Labor day!). We probably saw 15 people on the trail in total. We were in the shade most of the time so the 80 degree starting temperature never felt hot. Each person in our party of 4, 2 adults, 2 teens, drank about a liter of water.

Easy hike, a few switchbacks but nothing strenuous, we were looking for a moderately easy hike for our last day and this was perfect, we went slow and sat at Bradley lake for a while, Taggart had a lot of people at it but on to Bradley it thinned out on the loop back we hardly saw anyone. Took 3 hours to do this 6.7 mile trek at a relatively slow pace, ground is easy to navigate poles might help but are not really necessary.

Easy hike with great views of the lake. There is a wooden bridge along the way by Bradley that would be a great stop for lunch or a snack.

Nice easy trail with great views over the mountains and along the lakes. Maybe you will spot a moose along the way

Easy enough hike with great views of the Tetons and lakes.

This hike was a beautiful! It was a little muddy in the trees due to the rain that we had throughout the week. Was crowded going up to Taggert Lake but once we moved on to Bradley Lake it was much quieter. Didn’t see any wildlife beyond a deer on the trail. Great starter hike or hike with young kids!

We hiked this trail during our first day in Jackson. We really enjoyed this easy little hike as a way to get acclimated before doing some strenuous hikes. The lakes are gorgeous. We saw a bear about 2 miles into hiking. We gave him space and quickly moved on. He was not fearful of us and minded his own business.

This hike is beautiful - really recommend extending your hike to Bradley lake, much quieter. Although we did see a bear (about two years old!)!

Taggart lake = amazing. Bradley lake = a bit of a let down to be honest. Easy hike to Taggart, amazing views. The path to Bradley was a bit more brush filled and rocky but still easy. Unless you want to get to amphitheater lake or you want to add mileage to your hike, stick to the Taggart lake loop!

Good little hike! Would rate it as easy rather than intermediate. Not really steep but great views!

great hike

It was a really nice hike, we didn't do the full loop but went up the right side ro Bradley Lake, down along Taggart Lake then cut across to go back down near the river, a little over 4 miles doing it that way. Pretty hike, bugs weren't too bad. Sadly we didn't see any wildlife except squirrels and marmots.

Perfect 6 mile hike. Beautiful weather. The bugs were not that bad compared to other reviews. Kid friendly. We waded into the fresh waters of Bradley lake. Saw a beautiful bear. Plenty of hikers on the trail so we always felt safe. What can I say other than it was great!

This was a beautiful trail. The views of the mountains and lakes are awesome. It took myself and my daughter 5.5 hours to complete the 6.2 miles. We took it very slow and took many breaks. The breaks were needed, as we are not used to this elevation. Beware of Bear, 1 was spotted by Taggert Lake while we were on the trail.

Ok hike. Lots of horse flies. Taggart was beautiful and so was Bradley. The hike between was not fun or pretty. And it was hot with lots of bugs. We enjoyed cascade canyon so much more.

I was on the hike with Katrina Semplinski and I must disagree with certain parts of her review. While I must agree that there were indeed bugs, I found the hike to be very beautiful and relaxing. The climbs were a nice way to get the blood flowing and sweat off some of last night’s vodka, and the flat open areas provided nice views of the lakes. I agree with Lindsey Fischer’s review and would highly recommend this for both novice and experienced hikers alike. I only added “no shade” because I don’t want to throw shade on such a nice experience. Enjoy!

Standard hike! The best part was the waterfall within the first 5 minutes of the hike. The remaining hour and 25 minutes was a mixture of trail running due to swarms of horseflies, obstructed lake views, and did I mention the horseflies. Thankfully, a saint gifted us with some bug spray at the last mile. Did not care that it was DEET or its effects on my future unborn children. Was accompanied by 3 friends, one of whom would rather smell hot urine in New York than ever do this hike again. Completed this hike in an hour and thirty minutes with time for instagram content curation. 3/5 stars, would do again for $22k post tax.

What an amazing hike! Perfect balance of easy walking and strenuous hills...labeling as “moderate” was spot on. Absolutely stunning views of the lakes, trees and surrounding wildlife. The paths were also very well paved which made for a seamless experience. Did this hike with two friends and we made it around the loop in exactly 2 hours (with time to spare for pics). Overall, awesome hike!

A classic hike and a must do in GTNP. Took my gf and I 2.5 hours, with some stops for photos and water/snacks. We did this clockwise, however, I strongly recommend going counter clockwise up to Bradley lake first (less of an incline). Its a bit confusing out of the gate; at the junction sign where it tells you the distance to Bradley Lake, follow the trail to the right. The left takes you down to Taggart. Mosquitos are out near the water.

Great trail featuring lots of different scenery - lakes mountains meadows etc... Make sure you go a tiny bit extra to see the vista points of Bradley lake beyond the turn

Nice hike that wasn't too challenging. Beautiful lakes and we saw a moose too!