Table Mountain Trail

Table Mountain Trail is a 10.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Alta, Wyoming that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Table Mountain is a 12 mile out and back trail located near Alta, Wyoming. The trail is only recommended for very experienced outdoorsmen and primarily used for hiking.

Took us a few tries but we made it! The trail disappeared with the snow so it was tricky. If there is a lot of snow, I recommend going with someone who is experienced with the trail.

To be honest, I had a mild case of elevation sickness on the last meters but I was a beginner at that time. This trail is stunningly beautiful and highly recommended! Huge pay-off moment, totally worth it!

Tough switchbacks and some steep loose Rocky sections make for a tough climb but the breath taking view at the end makes it all worth it

a pretty tough hike but well worth it can't wait to go back

worth every step

Definitely a very hard hike, but when at the top the view is well worth it.

This is a trail that everyone should do at least once. Keep in mind, though, that weekend use in the summer is quite heavy, and parking may be difficult if you do not arrive early.

My preferred route is to take the face trail up and down, which gets you up into the views a little faster. The view from the top is exhilarating, in that there's nothing but empty space between you and the Tetons.

Since afternoon thunderstorms are not uncommon in the area, check the weather before you leave, and plan to start early.

Loved it! Beautiful hike.

We went up AND down the face. You're going straight up like 1/2 the way, then you mellow out in beautiful wild flower meadows, and then it goes straight up again for the home stretch. You start the hike in the trees so it's a bit miserable at first, once you hit the meadows it's awesome and you can actually see table mountain. So it's nice walking towards something you can see versus wondering when you're gonna get there. We went down the face bc the meadows were just that beautiful that I didn't care about the difficulty. But my knees feeeeeelt it. Definitely toughest hike I've ever done, but the most beautiful and rewarding too!

Excellent back view of The Tetons. The first segment goes up a U shaped valley very gradually, once you get up on the ridge the altitude kick in and the struggle is real. This is a step by step hike to the summit at about the 10,000' foot mark but the views of the bowls/Tetons on the other side are amazing. There are sheer drop offs into the bowls at the top and the winds make you squat low at times. Definitely a high consideration if you are in the area and like a solid day hike!!

A long hike with some steep sections, but well worth it! I went up and down the Huckleberry trail instead of the face, camped on the ridge, then summited for the eclipse earlier this week. It felt a bit arduous with backpacks, so I'd like to try it as a day hike. Amazing views of the Tetons up top!

Steep trail but amazing flowers and views. Best spot to camp is on the other side of table mountain on the grassy hill.

Spectacular hike, steep and rugged. Hiked up the face and back down the huckleberry trail. The views of the back of the Grand Teton were beautiful and very different then the normal pictures from the east side. However, this is not for the faint of heart. Definitely for the fit and those who regularly hike steep areas.

Amazing, beautiful hike the whole time. It's a bit rocky, steep and definitely a work out especially if you hike up with a backpack full of overnight gear. I hiked up to the top to watch the solar eclipse and it was a surreal experience. 10/10 would do it again even without the magical eclipse.

Climbed the Table on July 21st with 2 friends. It was a great experience. Took The Face up and Huckleberry back down. God blessed us with awesome weather! No bear sightings, which was good, however when you come to the first crossing of the creek (way down), and really, both crossings, definitely look for something to cross on. Don't do what we did which was just wade across barefoot. Why? That water was so cold I thought I was going to die! Literally it was the worst pain on my feet I ever felt. But other than that, it was awesome. Just like any other hike, bring lots of water and snacks, wear moleskin if you need it, and you'd be wise to have trekking poles.

This was a life changing event ! I have hiked all my life, but this was better than any before. We hiked Table Mountain with our 12 year old daughter on 8/3/17. A wide variety of different terrains, vistas, and plants. Snow in August was very fun ! A challenging hike, but the awesomest one of my life. One of a kind, and so worth it ! Pack lots of water, sunblock, and snacks. You will need it. Back in NC by now, but I would love to do an encore tomorrow. Ready to go !

Taking the face is challenging but faster than huckleberry trail. Beautiful wildflowers once you clear the trees and reach the meadows. Views are tremendous! MUST EXPERIENCE! If you take the face up, don't take the face down unless you hate your knees and feet.

Wow. Long, long hike. Was a little bit of snow on the trail at the top of the switchbacks, but was easy to get over. Took 9 scouts to the top and they all made it. Also had a 68 year old leader with us. Took huckleberry up and back. Kids had fun in the snow near the trails. People mentioned that the bridge was out, but it is still passable. Really took our time up and back. Left around 7:30 and got back around 7:00 at night. If you go up huckleberry, stock up on water just below the switchbacks. No water to filter past that point.

Beautiful! Took my 11 year old with me up and down the face. I wouldn't recommend coming down the face.

Breathtakingly beautiful trail!

Incredible hike! Take the Face trail up and the Huckleberry trail down. It is 4,000 feet in elevation gain, so be prepared. The final view of the Tetons are awe inspiring. Completed on 7/24/17.

Did this hike late summer of 2016 and loved it! Started early in the morning with a mixed group of people, going up Huckleberry Trail. Spectacular vistas as we kept a slow and steady climb upwards. Stopped for an early lunch just below the switchbacks where part of our group turned to go back down the Huckleberry Trail and the rest of us continued upwards. Once you get onto the upper saddle, the wind picks up significantly so bring a windbreaker! The last couple miles are tough mentally and physically, especially in the cold wind, but just keep going because the view from the summit is breathtaking! We came down the face and saw a few moose along the way. That trail is hard on the knees but faster to come down than Huckleberry. Took our group about 9 hours with a moderate pace for various skill sets. This is not a joy hike, so come prepared with the right gear and food! There may be snow throughout the trail early in the summer if it was a heavy winter. We only saw a small snowfield near the saddle.

I climbed July 21 went up the face came down huckleberry conditions were perfect Great hike very scenic

This trail is awesome but very hard. I clocked the loop at about 11 miles. Four miles up the face to the top then 7 miles out down the Huckleberry Trail. Hiked on 7/15/17 and there were still a few patches of snow to go through or around.

This is one of the greatest hikes I've ever done! Challenging, beautiful and a truly unique view of the Tetons. Tip: if you click "directions" this will take you to the Huckleberry trailhead but these mileage and elevation stats are for the Face Trail which is a bit hidden. To get to that trailhead, follow the directions here but then continue past the parking lot it marks as your destination. The road continues for the smallest stretch and you will see a restroom. Right next to the bathroom is a small wooden sign marked "Face Trail." I had planned on taking that up and Huckleberry down but thanks to the knowledge of hikers familiar with the area, I was told that Huckleberry was still too snow covered and unsafe for hiking. I hiked it July 2nd without poles or spikes and no issues. A MUST DO HIKE!!! A+

We took the Huckleberry Trail. It was great until we ran into the snow, also stream crossing where sketchy. The switch backs going up to Unknown Summit where covered in a wall of snow, so we had to do some rock climbing to get to the top (not recommended). There was a lot of snow to trudge through to get to Table Rock. The views from the top where great, but it was exhausting. We descended by the Face Trail which also had snow but was much better.

Tried hiking this via the Huckleberry trail on June 30th. I had one scare where I fell through the snow by a big rock and my foot got stuck. Took me a half hour to get loose. Thankfully no injuries, but I got lucky. I spent 10 hours hiking and never was able to reach the top due to a massive wall of steep snow blocking the switchbacks and other normal pathways. This trail is NOT safely doable in June.

Weather was perfect. Still a good amount of snow. Occasionally we would sink in the snow up to our knees. Left the parking lot just after 6am and got back to the cars around 5:30pm. Besides that it was a great hike with excellent views.

Tough but worth it. Snowed on the summit in August so come prepared.

Amazing scenery, totally worth the challenge. Will definitely do again!