Table Mountain Trail is a 10.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Alta, Wyoming that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from March until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 10.7 miles Elevation Gain: 4,146 feet Route Type: Loop

Grand Teton National Park P.O. Drawer 170 Moose, WY 83012-0170 Information (307) 739-3300 More information: http://www.nps.gov/grte/contacts.htm

Do this hike almost every summer. Great hike! Highly recommended.

Did this hike for my 3rd time yesterday (Nov. 12, 2019). Probably the last chance before more snow and colder temps come in. We brought snowshoes but ended up not needing them since the trail was hard packed snow. But I highly recommend good snow boots and crampons for the top section. The top ridge was super windy, probably a wind chill of 10 degrees. 3-4 feet of snow at the top, which will wear out your energy quickly. Made it to the top in 4 hrs, and took 2 1/2 hrs to come back down (we took Face trail both up and down). I’ve done the Huckleberry route before, but I prefer using Face to descend, saves you tons of time and avoids stream crossings! As long as you have trekking poles and good boots then you’ll be fine going down Face. If you’re really daring, you can even ski down the top half of the trail!

hiked 10/5, we didn't see the face trail head (to the left of the bathrooms) so we took the table trail which we assume to be huckleberry (didn't see a sign anywhere that said huckleberry). we were the first there around 8am, and the snow was pretty challenging. we could not make it to the summit, had maybe a half mile of switchbacks left but once you started climbing up the actual mountain the snow was too deep and the trail was too hard to keep track of. doubled back to leave and by that time others had come into the trail so most of the way back was well packed down or mud. no one passed us going toward the mountain but I don't think the climb is doable with that much snow

My family (siblings in early 30s, 60 yr old parents) hiked this trail on 9/19 and absolutely loved it. The views are truly unparalleled. We started around 9am and took the Face trail up. It was rocky and steep, but doable. It levels out around into a meadow around mile 2 - from there until the final push to the summit, the going was easy. The summit looks intimidating, but as you get closer you’ll see footing is abundant. We went slowly and took breaks, and submitted in about 3:30. I cannot stress how beautiful this summit is - truly breathtaking! As others have said, you’ll be in strong winds along the ridge - be prepared with a good shell. We took the huckleberry/north Teton trail down. The initial switchbacks into the canyon were steep but doable. The final 3-4 miles out after that were the most challenging portion of the hike: consistent downhill on tired legs through dense bear country. Thankfully they went by quickly! Total hike time for our group was around 6:30. FWIW, my Garmin clocked 11.1 miles vs the 10.7 reported here. 10/10 recommend this experience!

Amazing view of the Teton at the top! We saw mountain goats at the top. On the huckleberry trail, we saw a bear w her cub and a moose. We started at 6:50am and finished in 11 hours. This is an extremely long and arduous trail - prepare thy thighs!! I drank about 1.5 L of water. You’ll need plenty of snacks, sunscreen and perseverance.

Excellent. Went up the face trail which I loved a ton even though it’s steep, came down huckleberry . Took 6 hours at a good pace with rests at natural stopping points. The summit of table rock itself is sketchy at best: very windy, very cold, very steep and slippery, and when I came in mid September there was some muddy and snowy patches. View is amazing and trail moderately maintained. Saw a moose with calf on the last two miles of huckleberry in a clearing. Also tip don’t eat the chokecherries they are not huckleberries that was my mistake.

I hikes Table rock yesterday, this is my first time doing this hike in the fall, usually I hike it it July and August. The weather was very nice, you had to keep moving to be warm, and once you were hiking for a while it would get too warm you'd have to take your coat off. Not too many wild flowers left, the Tetons were too foggy to be able to seen. Looking through the valleys were still very pretty, I did see a mamma Moose and her little one. I recommend doing this hike in the summer, but if you are up this way, and are debating doing it, do it, still worth it.

Me saco la chicha. Está bien empinado y hay muchas piedras. Pero valió la pena. Hace mucho frío cuando llegas a la cima de la montaña. Lleva mucha agua y una chaqueta, guantes y un gorro porque el viento está bien bárbaro.

awesome hike, not too difficult at all coming up. took a little less than four hours up.

This is a busy trail, especially on the weekend. Start the hike early (sunrise) if you want to have a few moments by yourself at the top! Long and hard, but so worth it!

On Aug 28, climbed up the face trail and down Huckleberry. 11 miles total. Lots of wildflowers, meadows and Aspen groves. Awesome views for most of the hike, and especially at/near the top. The Face trail takes persistence, but was not as hard as I anticipated. The Huckleberry trail down was very scenic. Took us 8.5 hours, including a full hour at the top and lots of photo stops.

Did Huckleberry trail both directions. I would recommend to take the Face trail up. Worth every star it got. Gorgeous hike. Still wildflowers in early September.

Truly, this is a 5-star hike! Face Trail on the way up, North Trail/Huckleberry on the way down; 4 hours 47 min. round trip but we were definitely cruising on the way down. Steep/quick ascent initially; opens to wildflower filled meadows almost the entire way up. View from the top is worth every step. You're eye-level with, or above, most of the surrounding peaks, with the Tetons towering to the right. Way down provides more dramatic scenery, wildflowers, meadows, huckleberries, streams, and wildlife. Partially shaded and wooded. There are campsites all over the place near the trailhead. *Longer than stated; portions are overgrown; scramble; wildlife; LOTS of rock to traverse; watch your footing. GREAT HIKE!

Absolutely stunning hike. Did Face Trail up and Huckleberry trail back down. Started at 8am and finished at 2pm with a 30 min break at the top of Table Mountain. First two miles are steep! Perfect to get the legs and lungs pumping. Stunning views of the canyon and gorgeous meadows with aspen groves. After 2.5 miles it flattens out and the view of Table Mountain appears in the distance. From there it’s a beautiful, open expanse on a rocky trail up to the top. Views of the Tetons from the top are unrivaled. Feels like you’re floating up with the Grand! The Huckleberry route back offers lovely canyon views looking back up at Table Mountain, more groves of mature aspens, huckleberry bushes and multiple river crossings. A fantastic hike!!

Great hike with beautiful views. A few steep sections but overall not too difficult. Great great views up top.

I consider myself to be in ok moderate shape (I run 10km in 49/50mins on a flat route). I found this hike strenuous, at times relentless, but worth it for the exhilarating view at the top. I went up Face and down Huckleberry- I got up and down in about 6-6.5 hrs. Good hiking footwear is essential. The temperature was 25c when I set off, and i was sweating so much. Thankfully I packed a thermal jacket because the 80mph gusts of freezing wind at the summit were a killer. Massively exciting to reach the top in less than friendly conditions and see the amazing view. I didn’t take enough food! I drank 2.1 litres of water throughout the hike. I also god hideously sunburnt on one side on my descent!

The most amazing and stunning place I've ever been. We got almost to the peak but had to turn around at about 10 thousand feet due to being from Louisiana and living under sea level, we were not acclimated. Never listen to anyone suggesting taking North Face down, especially if your not experienced. It was straight down with sliding rocks. I honestly thought we were goners a few times. One wrong footstep and ugh....Other than that bad move, it was spectacular. We can't wait to try it again. Moving to Idaho in a week. Going to give myself 2 weeks to get acclimated to altitude then going back to conquer Table Rock.

Awesome hike. Did Face up and then back down with my dog (since there were a few mentions of bears on Huckleberry I thought best to avoid). Kicks your ass for the first 2km — about 2000ft+ ascent right there, and then tapers off, as everyone has said. Bring snacks and layers, it gets very cold at the summit but worth hanging out. Absolutely breathtaking view, and the wildflowers all the way up aren’t bad, either.

Wow!! This is one of my favorite hikes ever. The views at the top are absolutely spectacular and well worth the climb. Let me say though- the climb up face is DIFFICULT! Be sure to bring a lot of water and snacks! We took face up and huckleberry down (also called north Teton trail) and my Fitbit tracked about 13 miles. We stayed the night at the campground at the bottom of the trail head- Teton canyon campground- super nice. Just as an FYI the face trail begins on the left side of the second parking lot. Highly recommend this hike to anyone looking for a challenge, beautiful views, and wildflowers!!!

Face trailhead is by the bathrooms at the very end of the road. STEEP like a stair stepper for a then it became more gradual with aspens and wildflowers (SO PRETTY). Trail is super well marked all the way to the top. Tiny scramble a the very top: TOTALLY WORTH THE VIEW. Especially if you walk all the way to the right down some rocks to view a canyon. Great view of Tetons. We spent an hour and a half at the summit. Then took the Huckleberry trail down which was BEAUTIFUL tons of mountain scenery, flowers, river, etc. although we didn’t see any animals. We took a leisurely pace down, and including our 1.5 hour stop at the top we took 9 hours.

Love this hike! The views are spectacular. Took Face up and Huckleberry down. Face is steep for the first mile, but after that you will be rewarded with fields of wildflowers and good views. Summit is awesome. We saw a bear and a mama and baby moose on our descent down Huckleberry. We took about an hour for lunch and a couple breaks along the way, and the hike was a total of 8 hours. I’m convinced it’s longer than 10 miles.

Spectacular hike! Took the Face trail up. The first mile ascends about 1200 feet. No cliffs or ledges on the face trail, but it is STEEP! Trail merges with huckleberry around mile 3. Im not sure which part was steeper and more difficult; the first mile on a body that just got out of a car or the last mile of the summit which is steep and at high altitude with thin air! Lots of people. Took huckleberry trail down so we did not have to descend the steep face trail. The first mile, mile and a half is just as steep as the face, but with the added variable of being on the edge of the canyon wall. If u get antsy with heights, bring ur big boy/girl pants. Narrow single track cutbacks down the canyon wall. Amazing scenery! The next 5-6 miles of huckleberry wanders through creek crossings, beautiful forest landscape, and wildlife habitat. Ran into a large male black bear. He was knee deep in huckleberries and did not seem to concerned with our presence. Overall, this is an amazing hike. Bring gear for cold weather/wind. It was in the 50’s at the summit with-steady 15-20mph cold wind. Took us 8 hours and 20 min from start to finish. We stopped to eat lunch for about 30 min. Lots of loose rocks. Slipping and ankle busting is a constant issue. We have folks in our party who get antsy with heights. Next time we do this hike we will most likely take the face up and down just to avoid the mile/mile and a half section of high canyon wall ascent/descent of the huckleberry trail.

Went on this hike for the first time today. Let’s just say it was an experience. We didn’t go up the face cause we had heard it was insane so we went the other way. It was gorgeous. Plan to bring a lot of water and to wear very good shoes. The rocks are everywhere. So watch your step. [One sprained ankle later]. Bring moleskin. Overall super long and at the end of the day ready to lay down.