Table Mountain Trail is a 10.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Alta, Wyoming that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Table Mountain is a 12 mile out and back trail located near Alta, Wyoming. The trail is only recommended for very experienced outdoorsmen and primarily used for hiking.

Great hike with stunning views. Highly recommended

Just did this oct 14. got within 100m from the top, waist deep snow and after hours of making fresh tracks we called it! Past the junction there was no way to find a trail. With it wind chill we think it was about zero degrees. If you're going to go later this season I suggest gaiters and snowshoes!

Absolutely a unique hike and well worth the effort to get to the top. Views are unparalleled.

It was around 5 miles up face trail, and 7 miles down huckleberry. We enjoyed seeing different views on each trail.

Coming from the east coast, this was one of the most spectacular views we have ever seen. Face up, Huckleberry down is the way to go. When you enter the parking lot, the first trailhead is for Huckleberry. Walk a few hundred feet towards South Teton trailhead to get to the trailhead for Face, right next to the outhouse. Bring extra layers for the top, it can get very windy.

I have been wanting to hike this for a few years now. It was well worth it. Great view of the Tetons.

Most incredible hike I’ve been on. It has everything. We went in July and there was still snow on part of the trail so missed some switch backs on a steep part but still made it. I got altitude sickness around 9-10k feet but didn’t figure that out until we got back down to 8k. Came across a family of moose and we elected to go back through the valley, same way we went up. We lost the trail a few times due to the snow. Take plenty of water and give yourself time to acclimate to the altitude if possible. I was useless toward the top. Great close up view of Grand Tetons on the table top. Beavers seemed to be following us... maybe some people feed them. Start early, take bear spray, food and water and a good app like this one.

Great view!!! It’s a difficult hike if you choose to do face up and down. Made it in 5.5 hours round trip but we hike a lot and are young. I recommend not going down face, it is painful and super steep, take huckleberry down!

It was an awesome trail and awesome views all the way along. Just be aware!!!!! There are two trails. If you take huckleberry trail both ways it’s 14 miles. Long hike!!! I would recommend face trail up and huckleberry down. Either way it is a long hike but I would not do huckleberry both ways. Safe travels.......

Second time hiking Table Mountain. Went the long way this time Still a fantastic hike. Five hours up and four and a half down. All three of us are in our sixties.

Went up face and down huckleberry. This is my 2nd time on this hike it is truly a Grueling Beauty hike! Toke 3 first timers, had to keep encouraging a couple of them. So worth it at the top. Beautiful views. Toke us 5 hours to get up the face. about 3 1/2 hours down. Great hike.

My husband and I decided to go up Huckleberry and back down Face, and were happy with that decision! The elevation kicked our butts, and the last mile or so we had a hard time catching our breath and had to take it slow. The views were absolutely phenomenal and worth the hard work getting up there! Side note: we did see fresh bear scat on the Face trail. Make sure to take your bear spray and make lots of noise!

Made a long day of it, went up and back on Huckleberry. It was tough, but worth the amazing views at the top and the amazing scenery from bottom to top. This was one of the more enjoyable trails I've done in a long time. We took our time, went slow, stopped often to enjoy the surroundings and were still done in roughly 10 hours. Windy at the top, recommend a jacket if you plan to spend any time at the summit.

This was a pretty difficult hike I thought, especially the last couple miles, but it was beautiful and well worth it. The top of the mountain is pretty windy and chilly (even in August). Stunning views of the Tetons and the valley below. We will definitely do this hike again, hopefully when it's not so smoky though.

I love this hike. I recommend Up and down face.

Amazing view along trail and at top.

Up and down Face. Excellent hike. It is difficult up and down Face. I probably tore a meniscus although I think I damaged it earlier in the week in Glacier. There is a lot of elevation if you are used to sea level. My wife became a little delirious during the bouldering at the top. The view is incredible. The wild flowers are beautiful. The hike made my wife's period start early and when that happens it means it was a pretty strenuous hike.

We did this hike on 8/12/18. Because we were making a full day of our hike and were not in a hurry, we chose Huckleberry both up and down. The views are amazing the entire way. This is one of the most beautiful trails I've hiked. We are casual hikers but did not find this trail to be unbearably difficult, just long. I brought my 14 yr old grandson and he had no problems at all. The switchbacks going to the ridge and the last half mile to the top are the most intense, the rest was not too bad. It took us a total of 9 hours with 1/2 an hour on the top for lunch. We will absolutely be doing this trip again next year. Spectacular scenery.

Brutal beauty! We are avid hikers and found this trail to be spectacular, yet difficult. The difficulty can be managed based on hiking objectives. We love diversity in terrain, rock formations, and wildlife. The huckleberry leg of the trail was spectacular in that respect. It's north facing and the vegetation was lush. The most important perspective is how nicely the huckleberry navigates the 4150 elevation gain. Yes, it's was still work, however unlike the Face leg climb or decent which requires you to visually pick every step in highly technical and rocky terrain, the Huckleberry allows you to keep your head up and enjoy the stunning 360 views all the time.

If you are in a hurry, or simply want to reach the Teton vista as the reward, you could choose to scale the face. I would never recommend it to friends unless they are technical hikers, have great lungs, and stamina. The first two miles of the Face are really rugged and steep. No exaggeration! We took it on the decent, and calculated every steep step in loose rock, and wish we hadn't given our climb on the Huck leg. Coming down the Face was treacherous and not worth any time saving given the sacrifice in visual enjoyment. Ironically, there's a sign at the base of the Face leg starting the intense incline, dangers, and recommends against it. For the objectives of hiking enthusiasts, I would concur.

Overall, this bike is among the best for hiking variety, beauty, Teton destination reward!

Love the Huckleberry ascent. Memorable changes on the way up - water, animals (early morning especially) shade, sun, flowers. Rewarding steep sessions and snow! Ridge section longer than expected but table mtn is a beautiful perch nestled under the Tetons. Complete with a friendly (and hungry) marmot to greet you when you get there!
Face Trail is pretty brutal going down , a few slips I must admit. Loved it.

Went up and down the face. Coming down was definitely harder on the knees than going up. I would take the Huckleberry trail going down if I do this hike again.

I absolutely loved going on this hike a few days ago! I will never forget the amazing feeling I got when I reached the top! I went up the Face and down the Huckleberry trail but wished I would’ve gone down the Face. The view is just gorgeous; from the meadows and wild flowers to the view of the Grand Teton at the top of the hike. I would suggest bringing a light wind breaker for the top and I would love to do this hike again in my life!

We did this hike yesterday. We went up Face and it was brutal but worth it. The views were amazing! We went back down Huckleberry, but wished we would have gone back down Face. It just seemed to go on forever and ever. I recommend everyone do this hike at least once in their life. If you are worried about the difficulty of this hike, we took a bunch of 14 to 18 year old youth with us and even those who weren't physically fit made it to the top. Take it one step at a time and bring plenty of water and food. If you need to, there are rivers and streams you can filter water in.

Easily one of the best hikes I've ever done. Has a little bit of everything - forests, wildflower meadows, and holy cow the scenic vistas. I may come back and update this when I've explored the Teton area more thoroughly, but from what I've been told it's one of the best views of the Tetons you can find - I believe it, because the view was spectacular. People saying that Huckleberry had a rough winter are right, and I do recommend taking this app with you, as it helps make sure you stay on the trail in places it got buried or washed out with the avalanches. Totally doable though, and a nice contrast to the face trail - I did face on the way up, Huckleberry on the way down and thought it was a great system.

Fantastic views from the top and definitely worth the hike. We took the face trail up and it was intense. Lots of elevation gain quickly and lots of loose gravel that can slow you down. But, beautiful wildflowers and views the whole way. The last thousand or so feet there is a rocky trail that will require a little bit of scrambling but it’s not terribly difficult. Slow and steady wins here. We took the face trail back down again as we had a late start and it is about two miles shorter than huckleberry trail. There’s a nice creek just near the parking lot with icy cold water that you can dip into and cool off. We are pretty experienced hikers and it took us about 6 hours round trip.

Up the face trail (029) and down Huckleberry (024) today with BSA Troop 218. Trail in good shape. Thanks Forest Service for the avalanche clean-up. A lot of good water down Huckleberry for filtering. Still a few tricky water crossings with make-shift bridges made from avalanche debris.
Flowers and plants highest I've seen with this wet Spring. Didn't see any large game, but Table Rock view great as always.

Did this one yesterday.. took face trial to go up and returned through huckleberry trial. Huckleberry trial is still slippery with mud and ice in the last two miles but doable. Just be cautious , take more energy drinks. I am just a causal hiker so it took me lot of time about 5 hours to complete face, its very challenging and damn tough.

Hiked up the Face and down Huckleberry. Trails were terrific. Huckleberry trail was well maintained and the forest service did a great job clearing debris from avalanches this winter.

Took the Face Trail today. Great hike!

My 18 year old brother and I summited Table Mountain for Independence Day. Both decently experienced hikers, we decided to travel up The Face and back down through Huckleberry. There were 3-4 snow patches on the way up, each had firm footing but I recommend poles for walking sticks. Huckleberry has large Glacier remains from this years avalanches in a few locations. It was a bit disconcerting to hike across a glacier with a 200 yard drop to the rocky bottom, but we made it across just fine. Also, there are two large creek crossings. One lady we talked to actually had a near drowning incident falling in the glacier melt... I would not recommend traversing Huckleberry until the snow melts, unless you are experienced and up for a challenge. The face is in good condition, but has a tough beginning incline.