Story Penrose Trail

Story Penrose Trail is a 7.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Story, Wyoming that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

off road driving

off road driving

This was ATV Trip #2. Approximately 40 miles RT. This was the most difficult and technical ride of the 3 days of ATV riding. Trails 028 (Penrose Park Trail) to Penrose park and trail 086 (Stockwell Trail) to trail 521 were the most technical sections of the track and are meant for experienced riders.

Beautiful country, beautiful views, many river crossings. We started off from Little Goose Campground where we had a our basecamp set up at. We headed from Little Goose Campground on 314 to 521. Followed 521 to 028 (Penrose Park Trail). We followed this to Penrose Park. From Penrose Park we followed trail 112 to trail 086 (Stockwell Trail) back to trail 521, 314, and then back at basecamp.

Me and my lady friend hiked near this trail on August, 7th 2011.(as we could not find trail head and we had limited time)So, we hiked the Fetterman Massacre trail, that runs paralell to the old Bozeman Trail...and Interstate 90..
We flew to Den on Fri and then drove to Sheridan on Saturday, stopping to see the original "Ruts" of the Oregon Trail(near Guernsey). We then drove into the night to Sheridan. We stayed 4 nights there and Sunday we drove into Montana to the Little Big Horn Battlefield(we arrived late and a beautiful lightning storm had just passed by)..My friend had never been there before(actually the whole outdoor thing was new to her and I loved showing her nature and history.) . I have been there about 6 times.
We then drove Tuesday to Laramie...stopping at Independence Rock(where the Oregon trail travelers would stop and carve their names on this very large boulder..near Casper...very interesting.)
But, the biggest thing was the wonderful weather in Wyoming and Montana( and the magical electrical storms over the mountains at night).WE stayed in Laramie and the next morning drove into Denver.
A great trip and great vibes and..."oh the weather"....wish I could have brought it back to Houston on Wednesday...Thankyou..Ron R..and Rhonda..T..