Snow King Summit via Slow Trail is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Jackson, Wyoming that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Hike up the face of Snow King via the Slow Trail to the summit. Option to take the ski lift down.

I took my two nieces straight up the slope to the summit without using the switchback trail. We were looking for a decent challenge and were not disappointed.

Hiked up this zig zagging trail in late August that goes from 6,250 feet to 7,800 feet in elevation. The views of Jackson hole are phenomenal.
Other activities at the base are rock climbing, mini golf, a Maze, and two rollercoaster type sled rides that are by a park and restaurant. You can also take the ski lift up and down for 5 dollars if you'd rather not hike.

There is ample parking with easy access to the trail. Dogs were prevalent and I was impressed with the owners picking up after them. The path was wide enough for two most of the way up. The plateaus at every major turn made for a good place to catch your breath and take in the impressive views of Jackson and the Tetons. It’s like a 10 incline on your treadmill for 45 minutes. Enjoyed it!

It’s a rough one, but the location and views are great if you are staying in DT Jackson!

After hiking the steep trail, you will see an amazing view of the Jackson town for reward.

I went up the Snow King Summit trail and down the Sink or Swim trail to make a loop. Great hike but I think I would have preferred the opposite direction (starting up Sink or Swim and down the summit trail). Either way, great views. Lotsa wild flowers. And you can take the chairlift down for $5 if your trip up was enough. It took about 45 minutes up the summit trail at a pretty fast pace.

Fun and quick workout.

Great at times somewhat steep hike for a nice little quick workout and spectacular / best views!

I did this trail on a whim. There is a straight shot option but my buddy and I chose the switchbacks. It’s a tough hike but the views you catch on the way up are well worth the heavy breathing. Not too much snow last week when we tackled it. We’re going again in the morning because it’s a fun challenge. I saw some old ladies doing it so I’m not sure this is “hard” but it’s definitely not easy.

Very fun trial. Pretty strenuous if you aren’t used to the altitude. The views along the trail are better than the view at the top. There is a ski lift at the top that can take you back down if you only want to hike up. Took 1 hour to reach the top.

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Sunday, August 06, 2017

Great hike.

Sunday, July 02, 2017

I wouldn't do it for the wildlife, but just for the exercise.(and a decent view of Jackson and everything to the north) FYI, if you want to do a seriously tough workout, just hike straight up(with minimal rest) from the lift, and you'll do 1441 feet of elevation gain in .67 miles. It was a fairly torturous 28 minutes for myself..lol. I ran back down in about 18 minutes on the trail mentioned here.

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Beautiful view at the top!!

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Great morning hike with beautiful views on summit

Monday, June 19, 2017

Huge vertical gain, but worth the view, especially on a clear day.

Sunday, June 18, 2017

It's a workout.. it a great hike. Views are awesome.

Monday, June 05, 2017

Great trail. Awesome views. A little tough for us flatlanders, but well worth the climb.

Sunday, June 04, 2017

Soooo gooood! Perfect 45 min workout/cardio session.

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Really mellow trail! Awesome views of Jackson. Definitely a great hike to do to capture this beauty of a place!

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Hike up then ski lift down. Beautiful hike with lots of dogs and ski lift saves the knees.

Tuesday, August 02, 2016

steep inclines, great trail

Friday, August 16, 2013

I primarily hike this trail in the winter with my dog, Sadie. She loves getting an opportunity to play in the snow and play with other dogs. The trail is moderate and very dog friendly.