Rescue Creek Trail

Rescue Creek Trail is a 16 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September.

Distance: 16.0 miles Elevation Gain: 2,178 feet Route Type: Out & Back

We only hiked a short distance to kill some time before we could check in at the hotel. It was super windy and there's nothing to block the wind where we were on the open plains.

One of my favorite hikes ever! I had a drop off vehicle so I did the 8 miles one way, if you only want to do one way I would recommend starting on the blacktail hike side (you start on blacktail then it merges into rescue) as it will be a little bit of uphill but mostly downhill or even. If you are wanting to do the 16 miles to and back, start from the Gardiner side.... It'll be mostly uphill and strenuous but at least on the way back its more downhill. Super scenic I loved it!

Thu Aug 23 2018

Started off flat and muddy from recent rain, as it heads up you follow valleys and after short steeper climb it stays gradual at least for the 4 or so miles we went until having to return

Thu Sep 20 2018