Platte River Trail

Platte River Trail is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Encampment, Wyoming that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

Friday, July 19, 2013

This time around Canoed from Saratoga down to Sanger Access three, Along the way my partner and I passed the home of some lady who thinks she's a writer and has spent allot of money making her "REAL" Wyoming life less like real Wyoming and more like a movie set. Aside from that the river was beautiful, saw cliff swallows, crawdads and even an Antelope. This time around we even left wallets, phones, etc. in the car. Nicely we didn't go in this time and the trip was uneventful, situating cars was more of an adventure, amazing where a Mercury Capri can go.

Monday, June 10, 2013

Haven't been to the trail yet, however as of this writing I have been on the river. The course we took was from Bennet Peak Rec area and exited at Treasure Island. All in all it was a lazy day the river is nice and wide with a mild current. I would include some photos, the river ate my camera. Apparently it was hungry for electronic gizmos, and canoes and backpacks and drybags. The moral of the story being that just because it looks calm doesn't mean it is. This part of the river is floatable in late May and early June.