Mystic Falls - Geyser Basin Loop

Mystic Falls - Geyser Basin Loop is a 8.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near West Yellowstone, Wyoming that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until September.

First, I will clarify that I am a middle aged, chubby woman who hates inclines. That being said, this was a good hike for me lol. I hiked this trail on 08/30, weather was warm and dry.

The Biscuit Basin boardwalks are great, full of beautiful pools and active geothermals. There were a few spouts going off, but my main interest was seeing Mystic Falls, so I headed into the woods.

I was hiking alone, so had bear spray and music playing. There are some hills with a bit of elevation gain (again, I'm chunky so didnt like it lol) but completely doable by anyone who walks even a couple thousand steps a day.

I caught up to a ranger-led tour, which I was tempted to join, but had a few other hikes in mind for the day, so I trekked on. The trail goes through some wooded areas, slowly gaining in height. You come to the river run off from the falls, and it is really pretty in that area. The falls themselves are gorgeous. I spent about 20 minutes there, and I was completely alone (the tour group took a while, passed them on my way back out).

The hike isnt that long, but if you are like me and not in the greatest shape, it is a goid little hike to get the blood pumping and see a great waterfall.

Apparently, this hike can be combined into a longer loop trail with Fairy Falls, but I did them separately, and on different days.

Hiked from the parking lot at biscuit basin to the overlooked and watched old faithful erupt then continued to hiked the loop over to mystic falls and back to parking lot.

Took the trail with a park ranger. Very informative and interesting.