Mystic Falls

Mystic Falls is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near West Yellowstone, Wyoming that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips.

Despite being hailed and snowed on while hiking this in late May, we enjoyed the hike and the falls. Very nice trail. We didn't do the loop, just hiked the one or two switchbacks up to a more level view of the top of the falls, and then went back they way we came.

It is an easy hike with nice views. I would highly suggest you to do round trip hike. Early in the season you can see nice wild flowers.

On a road trip, my friend and I had decided to summit one of the Tetons rather than backpack in Yellowstone, so we had only one day to spend in this legendary park. We chose to see the geothermal vents and then do this waterfall loop. I definitely wasn’t disappointed with either. We hiked in the evening, and had the trail to ourselves; the sun set below the trees at the waterfall and under a colorfully streaked sky on our return we took in a herd of buffalo below us on the range. We also encountered a shy black bear. I can’t wait to get back to this magical place!

Moderately trafficked easy hike past the gorgeous Sapphire Pool to the picturesque Mystic Falls. We're glad we went up the first set of switchbacks (2.7m roundtrip) for a better, higher view of the waterfall.

Really nice easy hike to a cool waterfall...some options to go up or down and make it more challenging but we just hung out at the bottom of the falls and took it in...did it with my wife and two daughters (ages 6, 3). They handled it with no problems.

Great waterfall and it's beautiful out there, but there is sooooo much traffic on this trail.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Amazing! Got there nice and early....cool out, very serene before the mobs....

recorded Track - Jul 03 04:08 PM