Mystic Falls Trail

Mystic Falls Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October.

hot springs

Yellowstone National Park PO Box 168 Yellowstone National Park, WY 82190-0168 307-344-7381 (recorded information and an option to speak with someone) Additional info: http://www.nps.gov/yell/contacts.htm

An easy hike but one of the more enjoyable ones that we did on our trip. Gives you the feeling of being out of the way without having to go too far out into the back country. We ran into a few other groups but everyone was very considerate. Bring a camera and enjoy the falls!

Easy trail for the whole family. Glad we took the time to go and see the falls. Beautiful scenery. I would call this more of an easy walk with a few little hills here and there. Two trail routes, one that goes to the base of the falls and one that goes to the top. Both are beautiful.

What a great waterfall. so worth the hike. Went to the lower part of the falls

Great hike, beautiful scenery, lots of raspberries along the trail, no beat sightings, and just a few human sightings! Otters I. The creek on descent, and an adrenaline pulsing hail storm literally from out of the blue (sky!). Trail not clearly marked at times.

The waterfall itself is decent but I think Fairy Falls, which is near the Midway Geyser Basin, has a prettier hike and waterfall. As other people have said definitely do the overlook as that is the best part of the trail but also optional.

We took the trail up to the Biscuit Basin Overlook first. I recommend this highly. That way the reward of swimming in Mystic Falls and being refreshed is that much more worth it. It's uphill to the overlook, but not too bad. Take lots of water and some snacks.

Be ready to take pictures. Saw lots of beautiful birds along the trail. It's a busy trail but not with all the bus traffic.

beautiful trail. a little bit of everything, from a river to a waterfall to climbing up the mountain. great hike!

Wow. Gorgeous, beautiful, so worth it! Definitely a tough way up to the overlook, so bring your water lol. That part of the trail is much quieter though which is perfect when avoiding the tourist throng in Biscuit Basin. I accidentally took a game trail rather than the real trail (it had turned a hard left at the overlook and I didn't realize) so wasted a good 15 minutes walking in the woods and getting thoroughly confused stumbling upon multiple seeming forks. When I finally decided to turn around even if I was wrong, a couple of hikers had made my mistake too. Once I got back to the overlook I immediately saw the turn of the real trail though. The waterfall is gorgeous and dramatic and a perfect reward too! Definitely take the whole loop around!

Start the hike through the geothermal area, into the forest and to the waterfall. Enough shade for a hot day although water too rough to get in to get cool. No issues for my 3.5 and 5 year olds. Waterfall was very nice.

One of my favorite hikes in Yellowstone. Hiked in mid-July. Beautiful hike along the river leading to the falls. We went out and back to the falls while avoiding the steeper section of the trail. Be aware of bears. Saw a black bear with her three cubs directly on the trail and waited until they left the area.