Moose Ponds Trail

Moose Ponds Trail is a 3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Jackson, Wyoming that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

Grand Teton National Park P.O. Drawer 170 Moose, WY 83012-0170 Information (307) 739-3300 More information: http://www.nps.gov/grte/contacts.htm

Nice short hike. Seen three moose at ponds and elk up on the mountain side!

Nice family hike. The last half of the loop is in open meadow, not as pretty as the first half of the hike. Next time I will hike as far as the pond and then turn around and retrace my steps.

Nice hike around some beaver ponds. If was the perfect hike for a five-year old who made it the entire way. We stopped at lake to throw some rocks and then at the ponds for some stick throwing. The last third of the trail is through some meadows which had a large herd of pronghorn sheep.

Friday, October 09, 2015

Friday, July 10, 2015

The scenery is beautiful and we saw a momma moose with her baby

Friday, October 19, 2012

Plenty of wildlife! Moose, fox and elk. Very enjoyable spent hours watching the wildlife till dark.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

I went to see a moose and that is what I saw!

Friday, October 08, 2010

I've been on this trail a few times, it;s nice, short and easy. Walked right up on my first bull moose here, and every visit since I've always run into something here.