Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Mirror Lake Trail is a 5.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Buffalo, Wyoming that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.7 miles Elevation Gain: 1,040 feet Route Type: Out & Back

What a beautiful hike! But they aren't kidding when they say hard! Definitely a difficult climb with a pack on. But the views were so worth it! Our original intent was to camp at lost twins... my legs were Not making it that far... we settled for mirror lake instead. Next year I'll make it all the way in!

Nice trail. My experience was that if you follow the map “trail” into Elk Park, there isn’t a trail and it was a lot of bouldering and off trail navigation. I kept trying to find the “trail” but besides a few karens, there wasn’t much of one. That was certainly a tough way to go but I did enjoy it. Once I got on trail 065 (the easier alternate route to Mirror Lake) it was more chill. Lost twin lakes were amazing and I chose to off trail it all around there and it was great! Several moose and an elk in Elk Park, so fitting! Great short trail and camping off of Mirror lake was busier but a ways off the lake it was very still and quiet both nights. I did hear elk calling throughout the night, way cool great weather all around!!!

Beautiful hike through the woods and open meadows with a waterfall along the way. Creek crossings very manageable.

We loved this hike, although we passed the lake before we realized we had gone too far! It’s easy to miss. We did this hike with our 8 month old and had no problems, the hard part has to do with the incline in my opinion. There is a nice waterfall about halfway in that people were turning around at when we went. The hike there is fairly easy.

https://youtu.be/gQvxvLpdAfM Attached is our documented hike to Mirror Lake and additionally beyond to Lost Twin Lakes on YouTube channel Nolan Ventures. Great trail, brought extra shoes which made creeks very crossable, spectacular views all the way to Lost Twin Lakes, totally approx. 12.5 miles round trip.

This trail is moderate in difficulty. The round trip hike from the parking lot at West Tensleep Trail Head to Mirror Lake was 8.65 miles. It took us 3 hours and 45 minutes to get to Mirror Lake and 2 hours and 25 minutes to hike back. The wildflowers are in bloom or near blooming. There are four creeks to cross. Most were simple to cross and required walking on rocks to cross. The second to last creek is currently high near Mirror Lake - the path is covered by water. It is crossable with water shoes. Recommend bug spray as there are lots of mosquitos. We hiked with 3 dogs on leash - bring your dogs they will love it!

Fri Oct 12 2018

Difficult, especially if you're not accustomed to the altitude.

Mon Aug 13 2018

This trail is not 5.7 m it’s 7.7m. Totally beautiful!!!

Thu Feb 01 2018