Libby Creek Trail From Barber Lake

Libby Creek Trail From Barber Lake is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Centennial, Wyoming that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

We started the hike to barber lake. We didn’t get there via the trail, we ended up on the road, turned around and took the trail to Libby creek. It was pretty, extremely strenuous. Lots of uphill walking, hard. Later we discovered barber lake does not exist anymore. It’s dried up.

I hiked most of this trail in the summer of 2016 and found it to be a peaceful and leisurely walk most of the way. It was generally shady as we followed the stream, and there were wild raspberries along much of the trail. Quite a treat. It did get a bit warm when we had no shade, but that was only a small part of our hike.
I must have turned around before reaching the difficult part because I thought the hike was almost entirely easy.