Laramie Peak

Laramie Peak is a 9.1 mile out and back trail located near Garrett, Wyoming that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking.

excellent trip. harder at top. very remote so be prepared

Nice and cool hike with an abundance of shade. Took my little dog along and he killed it. Not busy at all.

Excellent panoramic view once you get to the top. It is a smooth hike for the first 2-3 miles and then it become hard because of the loose rocks and steep trail.

The first leg of this Trail, until you get to the plateau, is fairly easy for experienced hikers but it's that last hike up to the top... through Steep inclines and a lot of rocks, that take some perseverance and it's not for the faint of heart!! Very remote bring all your supplies

Loved this hike but envisioned less structures at the top. Call me picky but it was frustrating not getting the full view after hours of hiking. Oh Well. Still a beautiful and satisfactory hike!

A fun trail. The last bit can be challenging. The loose rocks made going down a little more difficult than the climb up. I agree with Laura D. SO MANY FLIES at the summit we opted for lunch down trail.

Fairly easy trail, but SO. MANY. FLIES at the top it was hard to enjoy the view.

The Laramie Peak Trail #602 is a 4 wheeler Trail although you better be an expert 4 wheeler. The trail is very rocky, steep and narrow in places. We also encountered trees across the trail. The 602A trail intersects the 602 trail from the CG. This is a fun hike with gorgeous scenery. The summit has a tower with lots of junk laying around but the view is amazing. The Friend Trail #609 intersects the 602A trail after you leave CG. We hiked the #609 trail and it needs maintenance. It was difficult to find the trail with many trees down and some of the trail being a creek. We completely lost the trail about 2.25 miles out. We did see lots of BEAR and elk sign !!!

I love this hike. My brother, hubby and I go quite often.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

This was my first peak. Was definitely hard and rocky but I enjoyed the challenge

Sunday, September 04, 2016

was more challenging than expected. I would say the last 1/3 of the trail was hard. the first 2/3 was moderate

Saturday, July 16, 2016

This is a very rocky trail on the second half towards the peak. I am not a bike rider, but have no idea how someone could go either up or down. I would not go up this trail again.