Laramie Peak

Laramie Peak is a 9.1 mile out and back trail located near Garrett, Wyoming that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I went up Laramie Peak this morning, And it was a interesting route. Though we made it to the top, it’s definitely occupied by the most annoying flies. But the view is definitely worth it. I would suggest bugs spray and water. A lot of rocks on the route so some shoes that secures the ankle from rolling. I definitely got a good workout in and some amazing pictures!

Hiked this yesterday May 26.. Mostly uphill on the way up but beautiful once you get to top. Lots of little streams on way up. At the top you can see several other mountains and valleys. Beautiful hike.

Was looking for a hiking trail close to Douglas and saw this trail. The trail was great and had beautiful views!

excellent trip. harder at top. very remote so be prepared

Nice and cool hike with an abundance of shade. Took my little dog along and he killed it. Not busy at all.

Excellent panoramic view once you get to the top. It is a smooth hike for the first 2-3 miles and then it become hard because of the loose rocks and steep trail.

The first leg of this Trail, until you get to the plateau, is fairly easy for experienced hikers but it's that last hike up to the top... through Steep inclines and a lot of rocks, that take some perseverance and it's not for the faint of heart!! Very remote bring all your supplies

Friday, July 21, 2017

Loved this hike but envisioned less structures at the top. Call me picky but it was frustrating not getting the full view after hours of hiking. Oh Well. Still a beautiful and satisfactory hike!

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

A fun trail. The last bit can be challenging. The loose rocks made going down a little more difficult than the climb up. I agree with Laura D. SO MANY FLIES at the summit we opted for lunch down trail.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Fairly easy trail, but SO. MANY. FLIES at the top it was hard to enjoy the view.

Thursday, June 29, 2017

The Laramie Peak Trail #602 is a 4 wheeler Trail although you better be an expert 4 wheeler. The trail is very rocky, steep and narrow in places. We also encountered trees across the trail. The 602A trail intersects the 602 trail from the CG. This is a fun hike with gorgeous scenery. The summit has a tower with lots of junk laying around but the view is amazing. The Friend Trail #609 intersects the 602A trail after you leave CG. We hiked the #609 trail and it needs maintenance. It was difficult to find the trail with many trees down and some of the trail being a creek. We completely lost the trail about 2.25 miles out. We did see lots of BEAR and elk sign !!!

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

I love this hike. My brother, hubby and I go quite often.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

This was my first peak. Was definitely hard and rocky but I enjoyed the challenge

Sunday, September 04, 2016

was more challenging than expected. I would say the last 1/3 of the trail was hard. the first 2/3 was moderate

Saturday, July 16, 2016

This is a very rocky trail on the second half towards the peak. I am not a bike rider, but have no idea how someone could go either up or down. I would not go up this trail again.

recorded Laramie Peak