Lakes Trail

Lakes Trail is a 6.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Centennial, Wyoming that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Centennial: Travel 13.5 miles west on Highway 130.

Was a bit hard to find the trailhead as there weren't any signs actually stating this was the Lakes Trail. There was no overnight parking in the picnic area, so we ended up squeezing into the next parking lot which meant we had to walk a paved path around Lake Marie to get to the actual trail. After we finally figured all of that out, the views were spectacular and the camping was great! There were still some snow fields and mud. Saw lots of day hikers walking around the muddy sections. Wear appropriate footwear and try to stay on trail! Lots of mosquitos too. Bring bug spray!

Sunday, August 07, 2016

Friday, July 08, 2016

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Amazing views of the Snowy Range from the southeast. I think I took 50 pictures the first time I hiked it. 1.7 miles up to the saddle +1.7 miles back to the trailhead equals 3.4 miles total, out and back. The option exists to loop over Medicine Bow Peak for an extra 6 miles or so…
Easy access and easy parking leads to my only nitpick – it can be a bit crowded on the trail.