Lake Ethel Trail

Lake Ethel Trail is a 12.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Pinedale, Wyoming that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from July until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

fly fishing

To reach the trailhead from Pinedale, drive south on US Highway 191 to the town of Boulder. Turn east onto Wyoming Highway 353 and drive just over two miles and turn left (north) onto the Boulder Lake road. Continue on this road for 10 miles, bearing right at the junction with the Boulder Lake dam road, to the trailhead and campground area.

It was an adventure! Cool beautiful beaver damn/lake. Hike was good for as far as we got - a skunk chased us, tail in the air, rear end facing us. We ran like hell! I think the skunk was protecting it's young. We waited a while and tried passing again but the skunk came after us again. We left!

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Good time, cool retain compared to the NOLA

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Its been so many years since I hiked this trail I don't remember much except it follows a river