Josie's Ridge Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(116)
Jackson, Wyoming

Josie's Ridge Trail is a 3.4 mile out and back trail located near Jackson, Wyoming that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips.

Distance: 3.4 miles Elevation Gain: 1,223 feet Route Type: Out & Back

This trail is not for the beginner. It hits you hard and fast but is slightly forgiving towards the end. Most people think they’re at the top when they are not. Keep going! When you think it’s the end keep going even further. And again when you think you’ve reached the end of the trail, KEEP GOING!!! It’s worth it. Check the AllTrails map to see when you’re at the end, the view is amazing.

We underestimated how steep this would be! Good challenge though if you're looking for a moderate/short hike that's close to town. Took us ~45 minutes to the top, and then took Sink or Swim on our way down.

Good and strenuous hike! Not super technical but certainly a steep climb. Great view from the top. Saw a small deer/elk-like creature prancing around about mid way up.

Great trail close to town.

Great trail for a day hike. There are also a few other trails that connect to it so you can extend it if you choose to.

Great hike with beautiful views! Wear trail shoes or you may slip a little coming down.

Nice up and down! Great views, worth the effort for sure. Easy to find and well marked’

My family hikes this trail on a Saturday starting at 3:30p.m. I enjoyed the shade that the trees provides especially at the beginning of the hike. Even as we started the switch backs there was still some shade to be found to take a breather underneath. The elevation gain is no joke. My family does plenty of hikes and this one had me and my teenager stopping now and then to catch our breath. the descent was cake, but the ascent was a little more challenging. The view from the top was incredible. You can see all of Jackson Hole and the Tetons in the background. Lots of friendly hikers with dogs use this trail, also a bike rider, and some joggers. Not terribly busy when we went, but during the week it can be a totally different story.

I enjoyed this hike when I got to the top. While still getting used to the elevation, the steep climb slowed me down. The trail is clear and easy to follow. Great view at the top, and I saw a moose coming down from the woods across the valley when I was close to the top.

This a great trial if you’ve only got a couple hours. Might be difficult for first time hikers. Beautiful views, shaded areas. Dog friendly.

Sat May 25 2019

Good local hike. A little slippery because of recent rain falls and snowmelt. Pretty strenuous if you’re not used to hiking at high altitudes. Views are worth it. Dog approved

Fri May 24 2019

Good quick vigorous hike. Good views by Teton standard (awesome compared to the norm countrywide)

Tue May 21 2019

A great local gem! Definitely muddy and slippy after rain or snowmelt. We saw lots of doggos!

Tue May 14 2019

Awesome view of Jackson and the Tetons. Hikers only, lots of locals with dogs, all were friendly.

Tue May 14 2019

Absolutely loved it, amazing views!

Wed Sep 05 2018

Not easy but beautiful at the top !

Thu Jun 14 2018

Good, moderate uphill trail. The second half of the trail was a nice wooded trek.

recorded Josie's Ridge Trail