Jenny Lake Trail is a 7.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Moose, Wyoming that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October.

beach

TEMPORARY CLOSURE: Western portion of Jenny Lake Trail is closed through 2018. Please make sure to follow this map, as it avoids the closed portions and provides alternate routes. There will be no through trail from Hidden Falls and Lower Inspiration Point into Cascade Canyon during the summer of 2018. Parking at South Jenny Lake is extremely limited during the 2018 summer season. Plan on arriving early, before 9:00 am, or plan to visit late in the day, after 4:00 pm to have the best chance of finding a parking space.

Great longer hike around the lake. We started near the jenny lake overlook and went to the right (looking at the lake). We were the only people in the trail until the intersection trailhead. Continued into hidden falls as a nice side trip before finishing the loop. Went past moose pond, did not see any moose or wildlife. It was snowing dueing our hike so the view of the mountains wasnt good, however the snow was pretty.

very well maintained trail with a lot of spectacular scenery to photograph.

Enjoyable hike completed over 2 early mornings. First from east boat station to west side of lake, hidden falls and lower inspiration point. We took boat back to east side($9ea. 10 min ride). Afternoon spent on moose pond loop accessible from main trail. Next morning hiked from east boat station over north route to west boat dock. Saw many deer. Great views of Jenny lake and feed waters from string lake at the northern panhandle. The trail detours here from lake shore to foot bridge across upper panhandle (Portasans at nearby parking lot). Again reached hidden falls trail head and took boat back to east shore. Wife did not duck low enough under fallen pine blocking trail resulting in bloody scalp wound. Wasn’t clear about length or difficulty of entire lake trail in one hike but in hindsight it is doable for a couple of sixty somethings taking their time over mix of flat/ rocky/ hilly terrain. Watch out for fallen trees ha.

A fabulous trail that can be adjusted to meet your needs and time.

We hiked the full circle today with side trips to Inspiration Point and Hidden Falls. Hidden Falls is a GEM of a waterfall and very easy to get to. You can hike from the south Jenny Ranger Station, or from the north from the String Lake parking or even right a boat to the base of the falls and just hike up the gorge 1/4 mile. Take your pick.

Ok, here is my list.
1. The circle is 7.7 miles but the side routes adds another 1.2 miles
2. Western side of the lake trail has a moderate climb up to the falls. Otherwise the trail is very easy and well maintained
3. The Western side has two trails coming from the Ranger Station. The lower trail is closed for restoration.
4. Get to the parking lot early otherwise you will be doing a hike before you start your hike
5. The Eastern side of the lake trail is virtually flat and dirt with an occasional rock or root. Very easy
6. The only treacherous part of the trail is a rock slide area on the west side before you arrive at the falls. The rocks are loose and sharp.
7. We had deer on the trail with us for over a mile and only left the trail when we arrived at the String Lake creek
8. The burn area on the west side is sun exposed but offers a lot of diversity in plants which are giving good color right now
9. The trail is crowded from the southern parking lot to the falls on the west side
10. Runners use the eastern side

And Hidden Falls is flowing very very very well. It is worth every step of the trip

We took the Southwest route. I’m an advanced hiker but my fiancé is not so I wanted an easy trail. This route was definitely more moderate and challenging for him. We did get to view a bull moose eating at the moose pond which was a neat experience. Thankfully we were able to bring the boat back rather than hike the rest of the loop. Beautiful trail, great weather. Highly recommend it.

Nice view from the mountain, but honestly considering the distance, it's not worth it (almost 8 miles). There are nicer hikes

Pretty good hike.Never carried bear spray and did around 8miles and then got a boat ride. Awesome views of the tetons.

Nice hike to get you acclimated to the elevation. We went east around the lake when we got there. Much better views going this way. However, you then have to finish with the falls, which can be more challenging for your legs at the end of the 8 mile hike.

Very nice walk with beautiful scenery. Include Hidden Falls

Very pretty trail! Did this with my sixth month old, and it was a nice enjoyable trail.great for kids and family. The views of Jenny lake are gorgeous!

Very nice and easy trail. We did it last week and saw a black bear. Even if they don't live in the area, berries are attracting them :)

I arrived at Jenny Lake with only a few hours is sunlight left in the day. I started to hike around the north side but then saw regular boat traffic originating from the south and went to investigate. There is a ferry system that will provide 1, or 2-way transits to/from the West side of the lake. I got the 1-way and hiked back on the South side of the lake (~2.5mi). BEAUTIFUL!!!! Didn’t have much time to explore but did fit in Hidden Falls which is only minutes off the main loop and well worth it. Saw multiple squirrels/chipmunks and a Red Fox on the main loop. Skipped Inspiration Point and wasn’t disappointed because the South side of the loop provided multiple high-vantage-point views! Atmosphere was Smokey due to regional fires and I was concerned I wouldn’t have a good view of the Tetons. To my surprise, as the evening cooled off, the view cleared up and the views were incredible. Moderate terrain, beautiful views and the ferry ride is well worth it ($8 1-way) for an uninhibited view of the Tetons. Highly recommended and I can’t wait to get back and hike the whole loop! Enjoy!

Hiked this trail 8/24/2018. Very enjoyable. I saw three bears and two moose.

Hiked 8/20/18, starting at 9:30am and finished by 12:30pm. We started going right from the trailhead (when facing the lake). Highly recommend going this direction as it provides the best views of the Tetons and had very few people with us on the trail in the morning. Saw one bear near the boat dock across the lake but park rangers were there to scare it away.

First time hiking this trail and it did not disappoint. The first leg is a nice pace and we saw a bear not too far off the trail which was really cool to watch. Cooled off in the water up top and along the way which was very refreshing. Certainly recommend this trail

This was my first time to Grand Teton and I wasn't sure which trail to hike. I was originally looking for a moderate to hard trail but ended up on the Jenny Lake Trail...and LOVED it. You get to see some amazing scenery and the trail is fun at all times.

This loop is beautiful! Sections of the trail provide shade but also amazing views of the lake and peaks. I started at the visitor center and went right (when facing the lake). I used this to get a 5 mile trail run in before meeting friends at the Cascade Canyon Trail close to the boat dock. The section of this trail was fairly easy with only small elevation changes. I highly recommend heading up the Cascade Canyon Trail as the views are great and we saw some wildlife.

Fantastic trail to get in some miles without overdoing it. Scenic views all around.

As an even more scenic alternative I would recommend starting at the Jenny Lake visitor’s center and heading north (facing the lake, go right). About 4 miles in on the west side of the lake take the cascade canyon trail. 6 mile out & back with great views and a lot of wildlife (saw black bears and a big bull moose). You can opt to take the boat back across the lake instead of running the rest of the way around if you aren’t looking for a ~20 miler.

The first part of trail is moderate and second part is easy. The views throughout are as good as it gets. Encountered a brown bear on the trail halfway around eating berries and ignored us. Best hike!

This is an easy 8 mile loop hike. Please be aware that the trail to Hidden Fall and Inspiration Point are closed due to Rock Fall concerns. They are currently evaluating the potential danger. No timing for reopening.

This hike was amazing! It was not hard, and it was fun, with a breathtaking view the entire time!

did this with string lake for a great morning hike last week - start early. part of trail was closed due to rockfall so did not see hidden falls but scenary made up for it! was a zoo by the time we left at 1pm but had time for a quick dip of the feet in the lake (great after 18km) before getting out of the chaos! long but very easy - nothing technical and no major climbs so just a really nice morning hike.

This was a moderate hike with great views of he Grand Tetons. Great for a family or couple hiking. Multiple trail runners on this hike. Start early to avoid the heat.

Only go to do about 4 miles of the trail since the rest was closed off. Very easy with some good views of the mountains and lake.

So beautiful! We took a couple of detours to see waterfalls. Lovely walk around the lake.

Did the trail on the 7th of July so it was pretty busy but still quite enjoyable. Our group did the entire loop in just under 5 hours including stops. We chose to get the climb done first so we headed clockwise around the lake from the Visitors Center. Wish I had bought swimwear to take a dip after we finished.

Nice hike around Jenny lake. I started at the south visitor center and went towards string lake before wrapping around to hidden falls and inspiration point-which unfortunately was closed. The views were beautiful and I started the trail about 7 am, not too busy.

Started this hike from the Jenny lake visitors center and headed north around the lake taking in some beautiful mountain views. The trail is well marked and easy as far as difficulty levels are considered. Instead of walking the whole loop I wanted to explore a little elevation and took into the Cascade Canyon trail for a few miles just shy of the junction. Due to a late start on this adventure I had to turn back in order to make the last boat ride of the day (7 pm) back to the visitors center. Saw a fox on the trail later in the evening which was a great surprise and treat. This one is recommended for all levels unless you tack on one of the adjoining trails along the way which can include some elevation and distance so plan accordingly.

it was great. Saw lots of little little animals, checked out the Cascade. portions of the trail are closed for renovations but there's ways around.
easy trail but long, definitely recommend.