Huckleberry Hot Springs is a 1.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Moran, Wyoming that features hot springs and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

hot springs

perfect location nice hot water

This trail was great with our kids! Saw a mamma moose and her two babies. We went to Polecat Hot Springs and the Huckleberry. Great with kids over 6. I say this about the age because you do have to cross the fast flowing creek to get to either of them. We also saw otter at the bridge at the asphalt and elk not far from there.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

I went here a few years ago late August. Ranger told us to look out for Grizzlies, though we didn't end up seeing any. Crossed a few little creeks to get there and there was a bear box nearby the actual spring. The source is on a slope that rolls into a shallow creek. The spring was hot and the area is nice as there wasn't any other people around in the gorgeous meadow.

I've heard of people xc skiing to the site when there is snow, probably would be another nice experience.

Sunday, April 02, 2017