Holly Lake Trail

Holly Lake Trail is a 12.4 mile out and back trail located near Moose, Wyoming that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, and backpacking and is best used from May until September.

Directions from Moose: Travel north on the Teton Park Road to North Jenny Lake Junction. At the Jct. turn left and follow signs to parking for the Leigh Lake Trailhead.

It's a nice hike for sure, but I'd suggest pushing to the pass and going to solitude lake, then down through cascasde canyon. Still, very beautiful

Gorgeous hike to a stunning alpine lake. Lots of variety in the scenery and so many wildflowers near the top. No wildlife sightings.

Awesome lake. Backpacked right below Holly Lake. Went to the divide and came back down to enjoy a swim.

I ran/power hiked to Holly Lake and back. This is now perhaps my favorite trail of all time (so far!) - just spectacular! No snow on any parts of the trail or valley really. Very light hiker traffic on 8/4 between 2P and 5P.

Very nice trail that’s outstanding at the top as well as along the way. Went in late July 2018 and snow still covered a couple parts of the trail. Bring walking stick and if you’re really brave, a towel and swimsuit. The waters cold but you deserve the glory once you get there.

Beautiful hike! Beware the trail was well marked until we hit the snow, with the snow melting prior foot tracks had disappeared, we finally found the trail by watching out for hikers that were way ahead of us. The map I had printed from All Trails didn't show the two lakes, we realized that we only made it to the little pond, not the actual Holly Lake that was not too much further ahead. Hiking poles and plenty of drinking water recommended!

Amazing views the whole way! Definitely at the top of my favorite hikes list and I’m looking forward to going back up in the future!

Such a beautiful trail. Be aware that when we hiked it we hit snow that made it a bit tiresome near the finish to Holly lake. When hiking in the snow be cautious of pockets that will bury your leg up to the hip unexpectedly. When going down avoid the snow and use the boulders.

Fascinating

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Absolutely breathtaking. Each moment I took to look around me I stood in awe. I did this trail in August. The weather was perfect. It wasn't as difficult as I was anticipating, saw lots of wildlife and can't wait to do it again.

Tuesday, September 12, 2017