Hidden Falls Trail

Hidden Falls Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Jackson, Wyoming that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October.

rock climbing

beach

TEMPORARY CLOSURE 2018: This trail cannot be completed as a loop currently. The eastern portion closer to the lake will remain closed through 2018. The path to Inspiration Point that connects to the Cascade Canyon trail is currently closed. There will be no through trail from Hidden Falls and Lower Inspiration Point into Cascade Canyon during the summer of 2018. Visitors can still enjoy Lower Inspiration Point during construction. Parking at South Jenny Lake is extremely limited during the 2018 summer season. Plan on arriving early, before 9:00 am, or plan to visit late in the day, after 4:00 pm to have the best chance of finding a parking space.

Definitely moderate trail. But I would totally recommend hitting the moose pond as a bonus. We saw 3 moose on our journey and it was a spectacular falls at the end! Worth the steep grade up and very quick hike out going down hill.

Easy amazing waterfall !!

Better than doing the full lake, but you can take a ferry there and do the canyon instead.

Easy trail and pretty falls. I’m giving it 5 stars because I had such an incredible bear sighting!!!

Excellent trail that is relatively easy. Some elevation gain, but it is very gradual. The falls and wildlife are beautiful and you can take the boat across and back if you want to make it a shorter ride. Two black bear sightings were seen on this trail! Very exciting, but keep your distance because these guys did not react at all to seeing humans.

Yay

Beautiful! We hiked all the way around the lake and then included this quick little detour. So glad we did!

We had a great time, walked there and got ferry back as kids were fading from heat at that point. Falls are beautiful.

Fun little trail with a lot of friendly people. Well worth the time spent with the family in a really beautiful place.

Skipped the boat and hiked from Leigh lake area adding 2 miles each way onto this short uphill hike to the falls. It was early evening and raining as I started this jaunt so the trail was empty and the little guys (marmot etc...) knew it as they were everywhere. Passing an osprey nest (educated guess) with a visible baby sitting atop was a cool extra to the storm cloud backdrop of the Tetons. After the quick uphill to the falls I was rewarded with a sudden halt to the rain and some beautiful late evening sunshine to accompany a breathtaking view of the falls. Definitely continue onward to lower inspiration point (all trails continuing upward were closed) for a view of the valley below. I loved this hike as it allows all levels of hikers to reach the finish line. You can take the boat trip and make the trip just over 1.5 miles or walk around Jenny lake and add a few extra miles (dealers choice).

Nice walk around Jenny lake with pretty falls. Saw a few chi monks and a marmot.

The loop part of this map is under construction, so I was a little disappointed by that. the second half walks right along the river :( The trail was a little too crowded for my taste as well. Parking seemed like an issue around noon when I finished

Great hike and beautiful full waterfall in mid-June. Busy trail, but everyone was considerate.

The hike gave us a great view of Jenny lake. We were able to see some wildlife including a small moose right off the trail. There is an option to take a boat back so you don’t have to hike both ways if you get tired. The waterfall was super powerful. However, it’s hard to capture a true photo of how big it is since you can’t get right up next to it. Worth the hike for sure!

Relatively easy hike with some climbing, but amazing alpine views and greenery resembling a rustic garden. The Jenny Lake Visitor Center is under construction, so be prepared for limited parking and dirty port-a-potties. We like hiked around the lake to the falls and took the boat back. The falls and cascades were flowing heavy in early June, resulting in some magical views. The boat was a nice reward after a hot afternoon of hiking, but it wasn’t cheap for a family of four. We were hoping to see a moose on our trip and we found one on this hike!

We hiked around the lake and up to the falls! It was so pretty! Not too hard!

A short hike with a great reward of the powerful falls - just be sure to not stop before you actually get the best view of the falls. The best view is “hidden” as the trail seems to end at the bridge that continues on to lower inspiration point. Turn left prior to the bridge and go beyond the big boulder to a gorgeous canopy of trees, sitting area, and a full length view of the falls.

This trail is a must if you are visiting the Tetons. We hiked it on a Sunday and it was busy but didn't bother us (early June). To avoid the crowds recommend you take the last boat over at just before 4 and then hike back (2 miles). The boat stops running at 4.

I would not rate this hike as moderate. Not too bad at all. Also, no snow!

This hike is super awesome and not hard at all! Def recommend

Terrific hike with lots of wildlife spotting opportunities and a great waterfall payoff at the end. We saw moose, beavers, chipmunks, and various birds (I’m not a bird expert) during our hike. It’s relatively well-covered but you’re still going to want sunscreen. In Late May parts of this trail are still very muddy too so come prepared.

Didn’t get all the way to the gals because the snow pack got steep and slippery. Wish I’d brought my yak tracks! Did see two moose, a marmot, a bald eagle, and squirrels and chipmunks though. Good views of jenny lake too.

I did this hike last summer for our family reunion. I had all my little ones with me and they had a hard time lucky I had people there to help my kids up the trail. the falls are so beautiful. great views. definitely going back when the kids are a little older.

Catching up on some reviews, so recognize that I was here in mid-October. Visited for a weekend to escape busy college life, and this was our first hike in the park. Very few people, which was a big plus. Falls were beautiful and already party freezing. On our way back, we went the rest of the way around the lake, not realizing how much longer it would take. Still enjoyable and recommend the hike to any visitor.

Perfect introduction hike to this beautiful National park. Not super hard gets really hot in the summer but worth every step.

We did this on our way to Cascade Canyon and I highly recommend going in the spring, when the falls are really going!

Did with my two daughters (6, 3) and my wife, we really enjoyed this trail. Great views pretty much most of the way. Some places along the way to stop and eat/ enjoy the views. Falls were beautiful and we continued up to lower inspiration point (the higher one was closed). On the way back we sat by moose ponds for a bit and enjoyed the stillness. Great time!

Beautiful views through the whole hike. We hiked all the way to the top and my polar says it was a total of 6.5 miles from parking lot and back. Took my mom who doesn't hike much and she made it the entire way. Lots of places to stop and take breaks. Definitely a must do!

Saturday, September 16, 2017

We took the shuttle to shorten this trail with others at the end of August. We ran into a few people who had hiked the full way to the falls and they said it was very tough and would be taking the shuttle back. Anyway the views here were beautiful. The trail is VERY heavily trafficked. This is not the trail to go on if you want to be away from people. However it is heavily trafficked for a reason. There are amazing views of the mountains and of the falls.

Saturday, September 02, 2017

Fun hike. We took the boat and hiked back. Also included a hike to Inspiration Point. Beautiful scenery.