Hidden Falls Trail

Hidden Falls Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Jackson, Wyoming that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October.

rock climbing

Directions from Moose: Travel North to South Jenny Lake along the Teton Park Road. Once at South Jenny Lake park either at the Jenny Lake Visitor Center or near the boat dock which offers a boat shuttle across the lake.

Great hike and beautiful full waterfall in mid-June. Busy trail, but everyone was considerate.

The hike gave us a great view of Jenny lake. We were able to see some wildlife including a small moose right off the trail. There is an option to take a boat back so you don’t have to hike both ways if you get tired. The waterfall was super powerful. However, it’s hard to capture a true photo of how big it is since you can’t get right up next to it. Worth the hike for sure!

Relatively easy hike with some climbing, but amazing alpine views and greenery resembling a rustic garden. The Jenny Lake Visitor Center is under construction, so be prepared for limited parking and dirty port-a-potties. We like hiked around the lake to the falls and took the boat back. The falls and cascades were flowing heavy in early June, resulting in some magical views. The boat was a nice reward after a hot afternoon of hiking, but it wasn’t cheap for a family of four. We were hoping to see a moose on our trip and we found one on this hike!

We hiked around the lake and up to the falls! It was so pretty! Not too hard!

A short hike with a great reward of the powerful falls - just be sure to not stop before you actually get the best view of the falls. The best view is “hidden” as the trail seems to end at the bridge that continues on to lower inspiration point. Turn left prior to the bridge and go beyond the big boulder to a gorgeous canopy of trees, sitting area, and a full length view of the falls.

This trail is a must if you are visiting the Tetons. We hiked it on a Sunday and it was busy but didn't bother us (early June). To avoid the crowds recommend you take the last boat over at just before 4 and then hike back (2 miles). The boat stops running at 4.

I would not rate this hike as moderate. Not too bad at all. Also, no snow!

This hike is super awesome and not hard at all! Def recommend

Terrific hike with lots of wildlife spotting opportunities and a great waterfall payoff at the end. We saw moose, beavers, chipmunks, and various birds (I’m not a bird expert) during our hike. It’s relatively well-covered but you’re still going to want sunscreen. In Late May parts of this trail are still very muddy too so come prepared.

Didn’t get all the way to the gals because the snow pack got steep and slippery. Wish I’d brought my yak tracks! Did see two moose, a marmot, a bald eagle, and squirrels and chipmunks though. Good views of jenny lake too.

I did this hike last summer for our family reunion. I had all my little ones with me and they had a hard time lucky I had people there to help my kids up the trail. the falls are so beautiful. great views. definitely going back when the kids are a little older.

Catching up on some reviews, so recognize that I was here in mid-October. Visited for a weekend to escape busy college life, and this was our first hike in the park. Very few people, which was a big plus. Falls were beautiful and already party freezing. On our way back, we went the rest of the way around the lake, not realizing how much longer it would take. Still enjoyable and recommend the hike to any visitor.

Perfect introduction hike to this beautiful National park. Not super hard gets really hot in the summer but worth every step.

We did this on our way to Cascade Canyon and I highly recommend going in the spring, when the falls are really going!

Did with my two daughters (6, 3) and my wife, we really enjoyed this trail. Great views pretty much most of the way. Some places along the way to stop and eat/ enjoy the views. Falls were beautiful and we continued up to lower inspiration point (the higher one was closed). On the way back we sat by moose ponds for a bit and enjoyed the stillness. Great time!

Beautiful views through the whole hike. We hiked all the way to the top and my polar says it was a total of 6.5 miles from parking lot and back. Took my mom who doesn't hike much and she made it the entire way. Lots of places to stop and take breaks. Definitely a must do!

We took the shuttle to shorten this trail with others at the end of August. We ran into a few people who had hiked the full way to the falls and they said it was very tough and would be taking the shuttle back. Anyway the views here were beautiful. The trail is VERY heavily trafficked. This is not the trail to go on if you want to be away from people. However it is heavily trafficked for a reason. There are amazing views of the mountains and of the falls.

Fun hike. We took the boat and hiked back. Also included a hike to Inspiration Point. Beautiful scenery.

Multiple hikes on Jenny Lake - Hidden Falls, Lower Falls, Inspiration Point, and trail around part of lake. Purchase a round trip or one-way boat crossing to get to the far side of the lake. Begin with Hidden Falls trails, then continue to Lower Falls or Inspiration Point (the trails have common points). Return to the boat dock to cross back across the Lake. Up for more walking, continue the lake trail around the lake, which will end where you first caught the boat to cross the lake.

Hiked this yesterday. It was a gorgeous hike with stunning views! I would definitely do it again. We saw a moose and almost ran into a baby and mama bear, so carry bear spray and hike in a group! 4 stars because the falls were outrageously crowded with people coming in from the boats. The trail was fairly crowded as well on our way back. Come early!

Great short hike. Beautiful waterfalls

very tire, very nice

Parking was the first big inconvenience, get there early if you don't want to scream at anyone who doesn't know how to walk when there is traffic. The hike itself was pretty easy with great views of the lake and land. The trail was fairly empty, not too much foot traffic. But once at the falls, everyone who took the boat over is there and it's pretty crowded. The hike back is a breeze.

Worth doing if you get there early enough.

Took the "easy" way over on the boat and hiked up the short half mile to the falls. It is beautiful and shouldn't be missed if you're doing Cascade Canyon!

Took the boat ride across the lake so that cut out a huge chunk of the hike but what we did was amazing!! I did it with my 6 kids ages 8 y/o down to carrying a 4 m/o. It's steep but doable even for my 2 y/o. Lots of shade and places to rest. Stopped a lot to take in the views. It was stunning!

Amazing views and cool waterfall. We went up to lower inspiration point which was about 0.5 miles further. Saw a black bear and cub next to the path so beware. No problem for my 3.5 and 5 year olds.

I highly recommend doing the 2.5 hike out there. It's very scenic and great trails. It gets much more crowded along where the boat drops off. We ended up taking the shuttle back just for time saving. The boat was very quick. We didn't know if we were going to do it this way but glad we did and you pay when you get off the boat at the trail head.

Be ready for the falls to be crowded and any time you're trying to have to view them and take it all in,
to be interrupted by someone asking you to take their picture.

Absolutely amazing. The boulder outcropping vista over Jenny Lake is one of the best views in the country. And then the falls themselves are massive and incredibly powerful. Heavy traffic as of 7/17 due to the Jenny Lake loop being closed for rehabilitation.

Fun trail with beautiful views! Very rewarding. We saw a bear on the trail towards the beginning of our route and had to wait it out! Start early to avoid crowds

Pretty popular and crowded trail, so arrive early. Saw a bear off the trail a little ways.