Goodwin Lake Trail is a 6.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Jackson, Wyoming that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

We thought this trail was a great hike! It was a bit cool, hiking in snow the last 1/2 mile, but beautiful!

Very pretty, we had the whole trail to ourselves. Lots of squirrels and chickens to amuse my dog. Road is pretty washed out. My car is 4 wheel drive and struggled through the mud in a couple places. Nothing a lil sheer masculinity and a tight wheel grip couldn't get us through.

Beautiful hike and quick to get to. Hiked up with my daughter on my back and she loved the scenery. I wish we would of started earlier in the day. Beautiful weather until we reached the lake where it was windy and I should of brought my daughter a sweatshirt. Tons of horseflys!

4X4 high clearance vehicle is a must to get to the trailhead. We had to park a mile down the gravel road to get there. That mile was okay as a first mile to this hike, but torturous on our tired feet as the final mile.

At the hike, a steep first section evens out on the ridge and offers great views of the Tetons. Bugs usually leave me alone, but these bugs were hungry for my flesh and I came away covered in bites. Didn't see any wildlife apart from the bugs and squirrels. There was still a bunch of snow covering the steep final push to the lake, which we weren't prepared for, so unfortunately we didn't finish. Plenty of shade and high enough elevation that it wasn't very hot.

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Good place to see black bears. They like to come down to the lake.

Friday, July 29, 2016

Please connect this trail to Jackson Peak.

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Nice forested hike with great views. It was extremely dry when I went and the wildflowers were shriveled up. I imagine it's stunning when they are in bloom. You do need a high clearance vehicle to get there.

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Beautiful trail. The flies are crazy! Bring bug spray.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

The Flies are insane.

Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Great view of Tetons if you climb the mountain near the lake. Nice to bathe in cold lake water too...

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Awesome trail with crazy blooming flowers. Not super challenging but can't wait to do it again.

Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Beautiful. Watch out for a gazillion flies this time of year while everything is blooming. Heavy use of OFF is recommended.

Saturday, August 19, 2017