Glory Peak

Glory Peak is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Wilson, Wyoming that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is only recommended for very experienced adventurers and primarily used for hiking and trail running.

Steep up and precarious down. Great views when it isn't fire season.

What a view. Went early June and it was covered with snow. No snowshoes needed due to snow pac. one of the best views yet. It may take effort and many breaks but it is worth it at the top. Recommended that you bring a sled to to get down fast!

May 2nd completed. Lots of snow.

It is uphill and hard for sure! Took us about an hour and a half to get up to the top, but the view was breathtaking! Worth it! I would totally do it again!

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

This hike is a challenge no doubt- but the view from the top has to be one of the best views I've seen.

Thursday, August 04, 2016

This hike is definitely worth the 1.6 miles to the top. It's straight up and not meant for sissys haha. When I went, my friend and his girlfriend gave up a half mile into it at the big rock which is also kind of a nice view. I was a real man and went to the top and ate my lunch up in the clouds (you are nearly 10,000 ft in the air). Great hike. Going to do it again when I find a friend manly enough to go to the top. If you're in the same boat as me, give me a call (208)-709-0804. I'll hike it with ya.

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

I hiked this trail just a couple of weeks ago. It is short, just over a mile to the top, but very steep. Trekking poles are very helpful. It begins at the top of the Teton Pass so you are at a higher elevation when you begin. This is a great hike for training for high elevation mountain hiking. The view to the north from the top is unique in that the Tetons are superimposed on each other. You can pick out the South, Middle and the Grand, if you know those peaks, in the distance from the summit. There were beautiful wildflowers, beautiful views, and there are some interesting huge snorkel like things for avalanche control in Glory Bowl close to the top. I will do it again. It also leads to the Teton Crest Trail which I look forward to exploring another time.