Dunraven Pass to Mt. Washburn Trail

Dunraven Pass to Mt. Washburn Trail is a 7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September.

rock climbing

historic site

A wonderful climb in Yellowstone with views of neighboring mountains and the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. This is a fairly easy hike up a beautiful mountain in Yellowstone with terrific views all the way to the Tetons from the historic firetower on top. Keep an eye out for mountain goats and other animals.

Awesome hike with amazing views. My favorite hike of Yellowstone. Wildlife is abundant as well!

This was our favorite hike in Yellowstone. Uphill on the way up and downhill on the way back. Not hard though, it’s moderate. It is only a bit of of a challenge if you’re not experienced with high altitude hiking (I have lived in Florida my whole life) but you can take small breaks to catch your breath and take some pictures! The views start out great and get even better as you start hiking up. It was so windy at the top that our hats almost flew off but the view from the top was amazing. Going up into the viewing room and signing the log book with our names was such a cool experience. I would do this hike all the time if I could! Highly recommended.

Great hike

Enjoyed this hike. I wouldn't call it hard. Trail is very wide and you pretty much have a gradual ascent to the top with a few areas where it levels off. The view would have been much better had there not been so much smoke in the air from all the fires in Montana and Idaho, but it was still pretty cool. We saw a black bear on the hike which was really cool.

It's an easy to moderate hike with great view. Absolutely amazing weather.

Hiked this in early August with my family, including two kids (ages 10 and 12). We all have hiking experience, but are not regular hikers and the trail was completely manageable. I'd agree with some other reviewers this is more like a moderate trail. When the ground still has snow, I can imagine it is difficult. Very peaceful, not super trafficked but some people along it. Pretty and the view at the top is great - would have been even better without the smoke from MT wildfires. We only saw chipmunks and a marmot, but still fun. Air a little thin towards top. We met another family on the trail and enjoyed walking up with them! As others said, gets chilly and windy at top.

Great hike, no crowds. I would say that the trail is moderate not hard. Saw lots of bighorn sheep and some pikas.

It's a Yellowstone classic that everyone enjoys. You almost always hike up until you reach the top but if you take your time it is not that difficult. Great views, wildlife (marmots and goats), and enjoyable trail.