Delta Lake Trail

Delta Lake Trail is a 7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Beaver Creek, Wyoming that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

I'm not experienced hiker at all, that's why I chose moderate hike. It was amazing, but not so easy, I would put hard rank to this hike, because climbing through the rocks was not funny for me and my girlfriend at all:)) but no matter what never give up and the view was breathtaking!!! Just be ready to climb rocks. The last few meters of home was the most difficult but as I said it's all worth it! The view like in Switzerland, that's for sure! I did hike at the beginning of August!

my friend and I hiked this on 9/23 which was the beginning of snowfall. There were plenty of parking at the trailhead at around 9:40AM. Once we started to get on the unmaintained trail, we started to see snow on the grounds. There was lots of snow as you go higher on the boulders. It took us almost 4 hours to get to the lake because it was hard to follow footsteps since there was fresh snow in most areas but just go all the way to the end until you hear water..that's the water coming down from Delta. We went through the trees instead of the boulders because we didn't see the "second field of boulders " until later. Since there was so much snow, it was hard to gauge if there are cracks in between boulders so we did fall into cracks many many times. Trekking poles and gaiters are highly recommended to help with this. we only hungout for 15 minutes or so at the lake as it was snowing a lot and our feet were soaked. The snow did go up to thigh high at some points. We slipped a lot on our way down...but it took us about 2 hours going down. Unfortunately, the Tetons were covered by the clouds and lake was frozen but it was still very MAGICAL! will definitely have to come back when it isn't snowing

Not a huge hiker, get winded pretty fast. But this hike wasn't bad at all. Boulder fields are easy to get through too. Worst part was the elevation gain right after the second boulder field up to the lake. I definitely recommend this hike, it's breathing and overall not a long hike up and back.

Awesome hike ! Worth the time and pain!

This was a hard hike but well with it! The lake is gorgeous. The turn off is pretty easy to miss so you have to keep your eyes out.

Awesome hike, amazing lake. Last section gets steep and difficult. Highly recommend.

Beautiful and challenging hike if you aren't used to elevation. This has about a 2000" elevation change. I am decently in shape and it took me 4 hours to ascent and 2 to descent - i took my time. The entire hike is uphill, after leaving the official trail onto the unmarked, it becomes more challenging. The boulder fields took a lot of energy, and for someone not used to such heights took a little mental exercise too. It helps that the trail is heavily trafficked (both before and leaving the official trail). Make sure to wear proper footwear, the boulder field could potentially break an ankle if a misstep is taken. The lake was absolutely worth the hike, it was breathtakingly beautiful and the water is really that shade of turquoise.

The boulder field at the end is a bit challenging but if you follow the cairns you will make it up okay. The lake at the top is beautiful but there isn't much room so try and get there early. It's a busy trail by 8:30 to 9:00. Very good chance of seeing a black bear and other small wildlife.