June 23rd, A friend of mine and I decided to try this trail out. After parking (which was easy), we started our backpacking trip. It was a steep climb for the first half mile or better then it tapers off to a up and down, but nothing to extreme for elevations. We had hardly no mosquitos or any insects really until the evening. Even then, they were not bad. Luckily the forest cleaning crew left there the previous week. I would recommend maybe waiting another week, because we were lucky as far as trails, snow, were concerned. To gather water for drinking is about 2 miles in. Until then, it is in a deep crevasse. We used our Hammocks this trip, and it was perfect. We did not see any bears, but there was bear signs, that they were around. It is Grizzly area, so be smart. We only made it about 5 miles in, and we decided to turn back because the water was too fast for our comfort to cross, knowing that we had 50 pound packs on, and deep enough in to be "in trouble". After we left we made way north, and did a few miles of "The Beaten Path". I would like to come back to this trail and make it to the end and back. Highly recommend for a beginner trail. trail is pretty easy to navigate also.