Circle Park Trail

Circle Park Trail is a 4.6 mile out and back trail located near Buffalo, Wyoming that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The views are spectacular on the trail and with a lot of other trails to join along the way. The trail itself is really rocky from beginning to end and not very clearly marked after the first half a mile.

Beautiful pond and lake, nice rocky trail. Lots of traffic. Not as quiet as we'd hoped, with the two legged as well as four legged kind. Lots of horse poop to dodge while we were there. My son reported the trailhead outhouse was in good condition. I'd go again, but in colder weather hopefully deterring much of the traffic.

The trail is stunning: lovely meadows, wildflowers, lakes all along the way, and in my 9+ mile route I saw 2 couples! A great mix of climbing and descending, and yes, a bit rocky. The Lakes are not named and I wish I would have taken a picture of the map at the trail head. In any case, a splendid day!

Hiked the 9.4 mile loop. The trail was in good shape. I didn't see any people but I saw a pair of moose standing in one of the lakes and had a few pronghorn antelope cross my path. Weather was sunny and cool. Made for a welcome change from the August heat back home.

Rocky, but a great hike.

Completed the trip out to Willow Lake and then the entire loop. Took just over 6 hours (I would consider my hike speed at moderate). Beautiful country. Superb moose habitat but only saw one. Several stream crossings, take your time and look for crossing others have built. Very rocky the entire way. Make sure and wear sturdy/ankle supporting boots. Great hike !!

Very busy with people, dogs, and horses but a good hike.

Beautiful lake!

Beautiful! My first hike in years and very out of shape but I completed it. After reaching the second lake I was welcomed with Thunder, Lightning and HAIL, followed by sunshine.... The lakes, views and piece and quiet was amazing time spent.

June 2, 2017 pretty sure we are the first to hike the trail this spring. A LOT of snow of poor quality until 9000 feet then it firms up so you stay on top of the 6+ feet left on the trail. Also gets harder to follow the trail. But all in all nothing we didn't expect. Hike on!

fly fishing

Absolutely loved this trail. Lots of uphill and rocky in parts. Ended up around ten and half miles, a little over 4 hours.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Awesome! I added it up to be 10.2 miles for the whole loop from the parking lot. Well worth it!

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Beautiful hike! Easy to get to the first small lake, but totally worth it to keep going an extra 3ish miles to get to willow lake. Very rocky and uphill the whole way in. Took us about 5 hours to make it in and back out. Very few people once we got passed the first small lake and beautiful high country.