Circle Park Trail

Circle Park Trail is a 4.6 mile out and back trail located near Buffalo, Wyoming that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

We hiked mid-October and it was a decent hike. Very rocky and not well marked....we missed a turn and went about a mile out of the way. Overall, good trail

The views are spectacular on the trail and with a lot of other trails to join along the way. The trail itself is really rocky from beginning to end and not very clearly marked after the first half a mile.

Beautiful pond and lake, nice rocky trail. Lots of traffic. Not as quiet as we'd hoped, with the two legged as well as four legged kind. Lots of horse poop to dodge while we were there. My son reported the trailhead outhouse was in good condition. I'd go again, but in colder weather hopefully deterring much of the traffic.

The trail is stunning: lovely meadows, wildflowers, lakes all along the way, and in my 9+ mile route I saw 2 couples! A great mix of climbing and descending, and yes, a bit rocky. The Lakes are not named and I wish I would have taken a picture of the map at the trail head. In any case, a splendid day!

Hiked the 9.4 mile loop. The trail was in good shape. I didn't see any people but I saw a pair of moose standing in one of the lakes and had a few pronghorn antelope cross my path. Weather was sunny and cool. Made for a welcome change from the August heat back home.

Rocky, but a great hike.

Completed the trip out to Willow Lake and then the entire loop. Took just over 6 hours (I would consider my hike speed at moderate). Beautiful country. Superb moose habitat but only saw one. Several stream crossings, take your time and look for crossing others have built. Very rocky the entire way. Make sure and wear sturdy/ankle supporting boots. Great hike !!

Very busy with people, dogs, and horses but a good hike.

Beautiful lake!

Beautiful! My first hike in years and very out of shape but I completed it. After reaching the second lake I was welcomed with Thunder, Lightning and HAIL, followed by sunshine.... The lakes, views and piece and quiet was amazing time spent.

June 2, 2017 pretty sure we are the first to hike the trail this spring. A LOT of snow of poor quality until 9000 feet then it firms up so you stay on top of the 6+ feet left on the trail. Also gets harder to follow the trail. But all in all nothing we didn't expect. Hike on!

fly fishing

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Friday, September 23, 2016

Absolutely loved this trail. Lots of uphill and rocky in parts. Ended up around ten and half miles, a little over 4 hours.

Saturday, September 17, 2016