Cascade Canyon Trail

Cascade Canyon Trail is a 9.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Beaver Creek, Wyoming that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September.

This is an unbelievable hike up into the base of the Grand Tetons via a boat ride across Jenny Lake. This hike will bring you deep into the Teton Mountain Range. This popular hike will start from the shore of the lake and take you up to the 200 foot tall Hidden Falls and Inspiration Point which provides great views out over the National Park. Most people will stop at this point but this guide will take you a little further up into Cascade Canyon where you might spot a moose or two before heading back for the boat return across Jenny Lake.

Hiked to the junction in early July, spectacular views the entire way up. Looking back i wish i continued on to lake solitude, but still one of my all time favorite hikes!

We hiked to the fork in late September. The weather was perfect - mid 60s and sunny. A lot of folks head back after seeing Hidden falls. Don’t! At the very least walk about a mile past and into the canyon. The mountains looming over all is an astounding sight! Highlight of Teton!

Favorite Trail so far in the Tetons! Absolutely beautiful in the Spring

Did this spectacular hike to the junction. Next time to lake solitude. Inspiration point is good and fine, but it’s the canyon that’ll keep us coming back. Going in/out of forested patches only to be hit with the breathtaking mountain views again and again is something I’ll never forget. Crowds blissfully thin out once you get into the canyon.

Amazing views. We took the shuttle boat to Jenny Lake, which cuts off about 2.4 miles, but we still ended up hiking 10 miles in all (5 to reach a point in cascade canyon trail and 5 back). The first mile is steep but it levels out and it is just a lot of walking. But the views along the way get better and better and it’s worth every step! The section with the white granite boulders and wildflowers was my favorite, I could not stop taking pictures. Highly recommend this hike.

We took the ferry and then hiked all the way to where it ends. It was absolutely gorgeous! We saw three bull moose munching on plants by the river! This trail will probably be a bit strenuous for the inexperienced hiker, mainly due to the length and incline at the beginning.

We took the boat across Jenny Lake then hiked up to Cascade Canyon (9/5/17). The first mile is straight up and strenuous but then easy hike thru the canyon. Gorgeous view of the Tetons and so much wildlife! Encountered 4 moose, two about five feet off the trail! Only downfall is the trail is very crowded to and from the boat dock.

The best hike in the Tetons! A great place to see moose and enjoy the beauty of the Tetons. Absolutely go all the way to Lake Solitude - it's worth the extra effort. Be smart and pack a change of clothes so you can go for a swim.

Beautiful hike! Like the reviews mentioned, 1st mile is steep, but rest of the hike fairly flat and easy. Plenty to see as you hike along the stream. We saw two Moose! Weather was beautiful in early September. Lots of people on the trail.

The first 1.2 mile is a nice climb and after you get to the track split for Inspiration Point the climb is very gradual and the the track follows the creek. The scenery is awesome.
The view from Inspiration Point is also great and worth seeing.

Beautiful views of Teton. My favorite canyon hike in the park. I also don't think this route is very hard. It should be moderate but if you do start from one of the Jenny Lake trailheads then it will add a few miles. Elevation gain is so steady after the first mile. Highly recommend

My wife and I loved this trail. The trail is quite steep for the first 0.7 miles but then settles into a gentle comfortable grade all the way to the fork to Lake Solitude. The Canyon walls and glimpses of nearby peaks are breathtaking. The entire hike was a delight for all your senses; the views, the sound of Cascade Creek, the smell of wildflowers, the feel of the breeze and coolness of the creek water. Just awesome. The only caution/warning is that this is also a horse trail which means lots of horse droppings to dodge on the narrow trail.
I recommend taking the shuttle across Jenny Lake. This 9 mile hike was plenty enough for my 65 year old muscles and joints. No need to add an extra 4 miles.
All in all one of our best hikes ever.

My husband did this yesterday and he loved it. Great exercise and gorgeous views!

Spectacular

By far the most beautiful hike scenery I have ever seen. Highly recommend.

Amazing

Amazing!!!

Love this hike! 3rd time (2001, 2009, 2017), Incredible beauty, diversity & wildlife. Hikes don't get much better than this.This year (2017) Lake Solitude was still mostly ice covered & surrounded by snow in late July. Wow!

Really enjoyed the views of the peaks, waterfalls, and creek! Not a lot of elevation gain, but you get a lot for the distance travelled. Did a side trail to Hidden Falls too, adds about an extra mile. Love the Tetons!

The main trail was closed to a point, but the horse trail allowed us access about one mile up. It was lovely and we saw a moose and my husbands old boss surprisingly.