Bridle Trail

Bridle Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Casper, Wyoming that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This review would probably be a lot different if we hadn't attempted to hike this trail at the end of January with snow still on the trail. We had intended to just see the falls but the signage lacks understanding so we headed the wrong way. The first hill was 20% grade and covered in ice. We were nervous turning back when we realized we had gone the wrong way and made a poor assumption that we had seen the worst of it. The trail continued to be poorly marked (no signage at all, the only hints to a trail being the occasional dry space that was worn or footprints in the snow) and due to blowing snow and deep drifts was impossible to follow. The only signs on the trail at forks just indicate how far you are from the next point without any arrows or directions on which way to go. Having myself nearly slide off the mountain due to the ice packed snow, I would highly suggest avoiding this trail when there is still a solid snowpack, or be appropriately prepared for (hiking boots just wouldn't cut it)

I love this trail! The brow is gorgeous. Good balance of steep and flat traversing. Well traveled so good for kids.

it was challenging at first. I got into the swing of things and we had so much fun. Let's go again!!!

Fantastic views and good trail! Easy access and quick to get to from town!

Great trail. Nice incline... sweet cliff near the top... respectable waterfall. Short and sweet. Longest route only takes about two hours, but the incline in steep enough that you'll feel it afterwards.

there really wasn't any path at all because of the wash out.. not to mention snakes. not a fan. I used to hike the path alone but after that I would definitely take a furry buddy with me.

Great hike! Was the hardest thing I've ever done. Would love more markers so you know you're on the right trail. Did this with my mom and four kids 11, 10, 8 & 5. My kids were rockstars!

I love hiking/running this on a regular basis!

Pretty awesome!

Perfect break from a long drive through Wyoming.

Fun little day hike

Absolutely love this trail! Beautiful in all seasons.

This is NOT moderate. Whose imagination of moderate? Beautiful and awesome but CHALLENGING . At least in late feb

Monday, January 23, 2017

Well kept trail. Hiked today with snow and some ice in just hiking boots but wasn't too bad. Trail is generally wide enough to keep steady even in bad weather.

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Good and close

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Hike this trail 4 to 5 times a week. Great exercise with great views

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

I was pleasantly surprised with this trail. There was a nice variety of scenery and the trail is well kept. Will definitely return on next trip to Casper.

Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Very nice local trail !!

Wednesday, August 03, 2016

Great trail. Fun for everyone

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

I love this trail. It's so nice, and it's not too difficult once you get past that first uphill. My mom and aunts are 50 and in low to moderate shape and they did this whole hike. It's just a really really nice hike & I love it. I would totally run this.