Bear River State Park Loop

Bear River State Park Loop is a 2.4 mile loop trail located near Evanston, Wyoming that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running.

Took the family on a morning hike. It's a decent paved trail with a number of signs detailing the wildlife that hikers can be on the lookout for. Kids enjoyed treating the signs like a scavenger hunt. Seems like a great trail for a morning run, and I'm certain I'd use it for that purpose if I lived in the area.

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Monday, June 27, 2016

Sunday, May 01, 2016

good stroll ,paved guy might catch some trout

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

A great easy hike. Recommend it to everyone that is traveling I 80 through there and need a break. Especially truckers with the pilot truck stop being right there.

Monday, March 02, 2015

Great trail for truck drivers that run. My wife and I park at the Pilot Travel Center, I-80 exit #6, go south under the interstate to access the trail near one of the restrooms. Flat paved surface, well maintained, with exercise equipment near the fishing ponds.

Saturday, September 07, 2013

Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Tuesday, September 03, 2013

I hike these trails nearly every day. The park has opened up several new areas this July 2013 as well. Most trails are easy, but if you prefer there are also some steeper areas. Hiking the hill is well worth your time and provide some great views. Always stay alert and keep watch for all the moose that live in the park. I take friends and family to these trails frequently and everyone seems to love it as much as I do. In winter, some of the trails are even groomed for cross country skiing. As a note: The Bear River State Park connects to the Bear River Greenway/Riverwalk (or as locals refer to it, The Ponds). It's about 1.25 miles each way to walk between the two, and it takes you right under the I-80 overpass. It has a nice sidewalk and is generally maintained even in Wyoming's long winter season.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

I have hiked this trail numerous times and I have seen several deer, moose, and pronghorn on the trails. They also have elk and buffalo viewing area that is enclosed with year round viewing.

geocaching
Wednesday, June 13, 2012

If you happen to be traveling along I-80 in the SW corner of Wyoming this is a great place to get out and stretch your legs. There is one main rest area and several others in the Park below right at the start of the trails. They have Elk and Buffalo viewing areas, not to mention the other wildlife you might encounter along the trails. This trail is a very mild trail with very little elevation gain at all. The main trail is paved, but to the West and the South there are some very nice gravel trails perfect for those who want to get their Mountain Bikes out for a little ride. This trail also has a spot for those who wish to get a little kayaking in as well. A small run was created on the Bear River for those hoping to enjoy the cool waters of the area. I really enjoy what this trail has to offer.