Wyalusing State Park Loop Trail

Wyalusing State Park Loop Trail is a 4.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Bagley, Wisconsin that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

The mosquitoes were the worst I ever encountered. I couldn't stop for a picture without being swarmed. Regardless the hikes were visually interesting and alot of history with the indian mounds. Several wet weather waterfalls and bluff caves.

Sunday, September 06, 2015

Sunday, September 06, 2015

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Wyalusing is a a great place to hike and enjoy the solace of your own thoughts. It's barren throughout much of the year, but I have no complaints. I also found some great information about it for those who haven't been at http://www.stateparksreview.com/wisconsin-state-parks/wyalusing-state-park/. Fun place, and glad to have it!

Friday, July 25, 2014

Great little state park, one of several, including Pikes Peak, IA and Effigy Mounds NM, in the driftless hills around Parie du Chein. Really alive in the Fall, it has a good numer of trails that can cater to several levels of fitness. Last time we did about 10 miles worth of trails starting at the parking near the Wisonsin Ridge Campground, we walked over and did the Sand Cave loop, then came back and headed down the Sentinel Trail to the boat ramp, up the Sugar Maple Nature loop (making sure to hike up the spure to the Homestead Picnic Area) and then back to the boat ramp and up Sentinel.

Monday, January 13, 2014

Early in the spring we hiked the Sentinal Ridge Trail which was 1.6 miles one way. Had some steep climbs but had beautiful views of the Mississippi. Also hiked Sand Cave Trail and Little Sand Cave Loop which was a total I believe of about 2.5 miles. The scenery was wild flowers, birds, ravine, cliffs, etc. - a wide variety of things to see! Bring your binoculars and camera!

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Was able to hike in this area, really great views of Wisco & Mississippi Rivers!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I was able to get in hiking and walking. The trail we went on had narrow trails, but you were able to get beautiful views of the Wisconsin River and Mississippi River. Some were quite a challenge for me, because it was walking straight up. We found some beautiful waterfalls, too. That was about 13 years ago, and have been trying to get back there.Sorry, but I don't remember when.