Wiouwash State Recreational Trail

Wiouwash State Recreational Trail is a 21.8 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Hortonville, Wisconsin that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 21.8 miles Elevation Gain: 213 feet Route Type: Point to Point

I have hiked this trail several times. A great well maintained trail for every season. High enough to remain dry even after the heavy rains we’ve been getting. Moderate traffic. Many benches and some nice views. Mostly wooded or marsh land. Some wildlife. Old railroad path. Very straight. Many cross roads, so you can pick up the 21 mile trail in several locations. I like to hike different segments each time I go out. There are some mileage markers near Larsen for those looking to practice there pacing. Dog friendly. Sure beats walking on a treadmill in a gym...

I have only walked this trail in Oshkosh. My dog loves it and loves to jump into the lake and cool off. I’ve also taken the grandkids on their bikes and they love it as well. There’s a couple areas right off the trail that they can explore too. I enjoy it as well. It’s shady so on hot days you get relief.

I grew up by this trail and have fond memories of family bike rides and walking my dogs here. I ran the entire trail this summer and greatly enjoyed the variety of forest, marsh, farm fields, rivers, and lakes that the trail has to offer.

kept very natural. the portion in Oshkosh past Lake Butte des Mortes is along the river walk good spot for a nice meal or drink

Great ride!

I rode my bike on most of this trail (from school road to Oshkosh) it's mostly flat and in shade a lot of the time. once in Oshkosh there is a restaurant called "2 Brothers Family Restaurant " which has the best raspberry ice tea after a long ride. I love this trail.

This is a great trail for walking. I’m handicapped but this trail is a perfect trail to get out and enjoy nature and a nice cool day. Flat and shady and not many bugs. Great trail.

This is great for my 4 &7 yr old bikers. It’s straight and flat so I can see the bigger one up ahead and the little one doesn’t struggle with hills. We did a round trip of 9 miles from Medina to US 10.

Tue Aug 28 2018

Love this trail so much I love to go biking down and it and see the nature of u ever get a chance u said head down it

Tue Aug 28 2018

Walking my dog for the last 2 years, we have put on a few hundred miles on this trail. From Oshkosh to Hortonville this trail has great scenery in all seasons. Some wildlife can be seen for great photos!

Mon Apr 09 2018

This is a great biking trail in the summer. Completely flat and mostly straight but the wildlife near the marshes make it a very pleasant hike. Saw many deer, sand hill crane, blue heron, Canadian geese, mallard ducks, and all within the first 2 miles of the trail. Great walking trail for families. It also crosses many roads, all about a mile apart. Makes it fun to pace, or get picked up if you don’t feel like back tracking.

Fri Apr 14 2017

Nice flat trail, easy for our dog to walk on. We walked about a mile of the trail right near the lake.

easy trail with a very flat surface