Wild Goose State Trail

Wild Goose State Trail is a 34.4 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Horicon, Wisconsin that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September.

Distance: 34.4 miles Elevation Gain: 374 feet Route Type: Point to Point

nice park but quite a few homeless people drinking beer at 10 am on a Monday, which was uncomfortable.

The first time I tried this trail with the grandkids (6 and 10 y.o.) there were 2 trees down within the first 1/2 mile. We were able to go around the first one but the bugs were so bad that we were getting tore up when we slowed down so we just went home. The 2nd time we tried it the trees had been cleared and we were able to out about 3.5 miles before the kids were done. Its a pretty decent trail from the little I've seen. I'll definitely go back and ride the whole thing after we send the G-kids back home. The trees were cleared pretty quick and there were lots of chipmunks, gophers and rabbits for the kids to see along the side of the trail. I'd recommend it. I marked it for mountain biking because that's what my bike is, this is NOT a MTB trail.

Awesome gravel trail for road biking!

Thu Sep 27 2018