Token Creek Loop

Token Creek Loop is a 3.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Burke, Wisconsin that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Please note: A permit is required for dogs

Some gorgeous views of prairie and streams. Beautiful during the winter months.

Swampy with major bugs, avoidable very early in the morning.
A section needs a wooden walkway like another area that takes a big chunk out of the loop bypassing.

The actual dog park is in here and pretty good.
I prefer entrances close to the parking lot.
No water so bring your own.

The trail system is for horses and skiing, so it's very wide, flat, long and easy. The price to pay is a decided lack of views. The orange trail closed sign is still there and for a good reason: the northeast portion of the loop is not mowed. Had to turn back after bush whacking in deep grasses and soggy ground. The highlight is the half mile boardwalk just north of the campground, with some nice segments where one can see the Token creek.

Monday, May 15, 2017

I thought this trail will be open in march but it's may now I see this huge orange sign trail closed, so disappointed

Sunday, April 09, 2017

Pretty simple I feel like a lot of it was closed off?! However

Sunday, November 27, 2016

I don't think I was on the trail mentioned here as it's November and the trail was closed (there was a large dangerous branch over the boardwalk) but we wondered onto some other trails and really enjoyed our walk. I had 3 kids with me and the hike was easy.

Sunday, March 30, 2014

The trail is wide and well-groomed. We especially liked the boardwalk through the marsh.

Sunday, July 16, 2017