Summit Rock, River Bluff and Echo Canyon Loop

Summit Rock, River Bluff and Echo Canyon Loop is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Dresser, Wisconsin that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and snowshoeing. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.3 miles Elevation Gain: 167 feet Route Type: Loop

I used to hike these trails with my family as a kid. This was fun to hike as an adult with my family! We brought our 7 year old and my husband carried the baby on his back. There were some tricky spots but only because it had rained that morning and some of the rocks to step on were slippery. A few spots had a lot of mosquitos- but could have been the rain. Gorgeous views, we all enjoyed the trails! Will definitely be back.

Much to add later

My husband and I went out on this trail to break in some new hiking shoes. It’s heavily trafficked and very easy to get through. Make sure you bring bug spray - even though a lot of the trail is shaded, we still got some bites!

Sunday, August 05, 2018

Not hard. We hiked with a baby in a front pack and two dogs with no problems. If you are a frequent hiker you will love this trail

Sunday, May 13, 2018

Beautiful views and not too crowded. Definitely a easy/moderate as there are clear paths and stone steps. It’s only strenuous if you take advantage of the many little side paths that require a little climbing. If you don’t do these it’s nothing special. You get a bit of everything in this hike, with some nice height and view of the valley at the summit, some serene woods, some river access to cool your feet, and a few rock faces for experienced climbers with equipment.

Saturday, November 25, 2017

Beautiful views, but moderate difficulty at most.

Friday, September 22, 2017

I would rate this as low moderate.There are many steep drop offs and there has been deaths in this area from falls. I took my two eight year old's and my 3 year old on my own, as we often do Mom and kids camping trips. They all made the whole hike and had a blast. I did have to hold my 3 year old's hand when walking down the rocky parts, up some of the steep parts and along the steep drop offs but her loves to hike and did pretty well. I would not suggest bringing a child that you would need to carry. It is steep and slippery with roots in many areas. I would also avoid bringing young ones to the lookout or making sure your holding on to them tight. Even teens might get a little gutsy and take a tumble that could be deadly. Just take your time :) This might be ranked difficult here but compared to hiking in mountains I would rate this a low moderate or difficult beginner hike, primarily because of the rocky inclines and cliff areas.

Tuesday, August 08, 2017

OMG, this trail was beautiful! Several trails around this area. They are short, but beautiful and you can def. make a day out of it if you do more than one. Seems to be a very popular area to hike and for good reason.

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Moderate

Saturday, May 06, 2017

Monday, March 06, 2017

Great hike! We brought our 2 and 6 year old kids with us and they had a ton of fun! This area is as close to the mountain trails we hiked in Montana that we have been able to find in the area. Don't let the difficulty rating scare you off, we would have rated this as moderate.

Monday, July 11, 2016