Scuppernong Nature Trail

Scuppernong Nature Trail is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Dousman, Wisconsin that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

The scenic Scuppernong Trail System is located in the Southern Unit of the Kettle Moraine State Forest and offers trails suitable for cross-country skiing (classic only) and hiking. The Nature trail is full of spring fed pools. Great for family hikes.

Green Loops is nice and well maintained. Arrived at around 9am on a Saturday and didn't encounter anyone on the trail until we arrived at the beginning of the observation loop. I'd say it is a nice relaxing loop with a couple of easy hills to keep the blood pumping. although the green loop is lightly traffic you never got the feeling you were out on your own since portions of it are lined with camp grounds.

Followed green. Nice easy trail. Some areas with lots of small rocks. Ankle breakers if not careful. Would do again.

Hiked the green trail. Some rain erosion but otherwise the trail is in good shape.

we did the green trail heading CCW until we got to the outlook split and visited the outlook point. the point is not much to tell but the two dead trees at the point make it perfect platform for a hammock to take a nice break. here we made a plan to deviate from the standard trail, we headed back until we caught the junction with the Ice Age Trail and hopped on it to return to the parking lot. best part of our hike hands down; it is a beautiful section and it was a great finish. this part makes the 5 star rating for me

No dogs allowed on trail

I hiked the blue trail on 4/25/17.
Nice rolling trail through pine forest.
I gave it a three because of the ignorant people with dogs. Even before I hit the trail there were two couples with dogs in the parking lot and only one was on a lead. Evidence of dogs was left on the trail by lazy owner and I know the difference between wild animal crap and domestic.
Saw dogs off the lead on the trail and upon my return to the parking lot.
Blue is five miles. Trail head has clean restroom pit toilets .

Sunday, October 30, 2016

One of my new favorite hikes with in 45 min of Milwaukee. Challenging for Wisconsin hiking, but not too difficult. There are camping spots along the trail and a look out loop around half way of the green loop. I thought everything was well marked. I will be back for some snowshoeing.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Interesting very easy walk. Very open and sunny and somewhat poorly marked trails. But lovely nonetheless

Monday, September 12, 2016

this is an awesome trail system just a heads up for people taking their kids and a stroller it's very rocky on the hills and tree roots are ample so a jogging stroller would definitely work better then a standard stroller you can make those work but be ready for a work out. This is an absolutely beautiful trail system you will not regret trying it out one bit