North Kettle Moraine Trail

North Kettle Moraine Trail is a 9.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Plymouth, Wisconsin that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trail ! 2" fresh snow took the dogs and had a great hike.

I don't know if I would categorize this trail as hard. There were definitely some rough spots, but overall I would rate it as more moderate. There was a lot of different terrain and the scenery was gorgeous. Highly recommend!

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

great for trail running, plenty of hills!

Monday, November 07, 2016

Great trail

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Loved the tower, but upon arrival I didn't know about having to pay. Lucky I had money and exact change on me.

Friday, April 22, 2016

Extremely pleasant(could have been the company)

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Very enjoyable, nice hills and great scenery especially in fall.

Sunday, May 18, 2014

This was some incredible trail running! Good amount of elevation change. Lots of rocks and roots to make for some great technical training. Very enjoyable day!

Sunday, July 07, 2013

Backpacked it in early may. Beautiful trail with surprising hills/ scenery for the midwest.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Great wooded trail with some hills. Seems busy 4 hikers on a tuesday night in Sept.

Thursday, August 02, 2012

Incredible hiking for the Midwest. To avoid skeeters and biting flies during hot wet summers - avoid low trails like Butler Lake. Hike higher portions of Ice Age Trail. Backpacking shelters are reservable - but expect human "visitors" dropping by your camp - even in off season. No one dangerous - just nosy locals.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

I've hiked most of the ice age trail in this section, between shelters 1 and 5. It is very hilly and takes all you've got. But lovely shelters and a beaut of a hike.

Monday, March 28, 2011

I've biked this trail several times and found it to be great. There are several lopes based on distance and difficulty. Very nice senary and the trail provide a good amount of technical section

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I went up to the trail to get some information and the skeeters also flew away with me! I'm guessing to fo late fall when they are all dead!

Sunday, August 01, 2010

I hiked this trail in the middle of July and was almost eaten alive by biting flies during the day and skeeters at night!